Need help with breakage

tbanae

:confused: I've been have a big problem with breakage for months now. Can anyone recommend a good product to stop breakage????????

It depends on the cause.

Is it time for a dusting/trim?

When it is time for a trim for me, I get breakage. it seems that my hair starts getting more tangled at the ends.

Of course there are other reasons like dryness, chemical or heat damage, self destruction, etc.

Can you give more info about the condition of your hair.

I use Aphogee Treatment this weekend and that helped out alot! There is also a leave in that comes in a tube but i cant think of the name..... I will PM u when i get back home( 3 days or so)

This is what i do-it gives me moisture and protein and stops shedding or breackage for me

Deep condition- a conditioner like keracare hume. with a plastic cap for a hour
Aphogee 2 min reconstructor-for 5 min. with a cap
Then a conditner that detangles and gives me slip and it moisturizing-I use keracare dry and itchy conditioner

tbanae said:
:confused: I've been have a big problem with breakage for months now. Can anyone recommend a good product to stop breakage????????

Tbanae,
one of the best things I ever did was look at Crazycoil's and Grow Afro Long hair sites. Crazycoil never combs her hair while it is dry, the ends which are weaker just snap off. On the Grow Afro Hair site I learnt a new and better way of combing and brushing my hair, I literally used to yank my hair out. Before I moisturise or style my hair I spritz with a mixture of distilled water and EOs, and separate the strands with my fingers. This combined with regular deep conditioning and conditioner washing, has brought my breakage down to a bare minimum.

I wish I could recommend a deep conditioner but what works for one does not work for another. I tried experimenting usually with cheaper conditioners mixed with EVOO and EFAs and I have been happy with the results. The most beneficial has been the addition of EVOO & Cayenne pepper as a pre-shampoo. Also scalp massages are the business, coupled with CWs & DC.

If you treat your hair like silk, it won't disappoint you.

HHG,
MeechUK.

Back