need help washng hair grease out

jasmine

last week my friend cornrowed my hair and used copious amounts of hair grease plus oil because my hair was very dry. today i was redoing some braids and was dismayed at how much grease was on my hands. i have no real idea on how to get my scalp clean. i doubt i know how to properly wash my hair anyway. everytime i wash my hair my scalp always has a white residue. i just wanna know how am i to get my scalp truly clean?

Have you tried following up your shampoo with an ACV rinse? I don't use grease, so I don't know if that would help or not.

Let us know if it does because I have some products that contain some mineral oil that I'd like to use more often, but have avoided doing so.

i have used clarifying shampoos in the past like suave but it left my hair soooooooooo dry and my scalp still wasnt clean /images/graemlins/ohwell.gif

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
i have used clarifying shampoos in the past like suave

[/ QUOTE ]

...yeah but what MirrorMiror was saying is that it will probably help you get all the grease and oil out when you use it now. I don't think she was saying to use it on a regular basis but this one time to get the buildup out should be OK.

I have also heard to let the shampoo sit on the hair for a few minutes will help break up the grease and oil buildup.

I second the ACV rinse. It is very good for removing buildup, plus it helps with detangling, cleans the scalp and strengthens the hair. If you do a search, you'll find lots of valuable info on ACv. Here is one that was recently discussed. Advantages of ACV
HTH /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Just wanted to add my two cents about the clarifying shampoos. Last night I did a clarifying shampoo, but I coated the bottom half of my hair w/ one of my less expensive conditioners. This seemed to help greatly. Otherwise my lengths would be a hot tangled/dry mess. Also, make sure your fingers are only massaging your scalp (vs. your hair), your lengths will be cleaned during the rinse off.

For your first shampoo try putting the clarifing shampoo on your scalp only and finger combing through the rest of the hair. On your second lather put on the length, finger comb through and let sit for at least three minutes, rinse, blot out water with a towel and follow up with your conditioners. This will help with the tangles. Claifiers tangle and mat my hair if I massage.

After you get the grease out with the clarifying shampoo, add olive oil to your conditioner and sit under a heat cap for about 20 to 30 minutes.

Ummm, I hate to say this but.....try 'Dawn Dishwashing Liquid" only use it for ONE shampoo, then do your reg routine. It WILL cut grease.

lol @dawn. well i used the dawn for the first shampoo i put it only on my saclp. then i scrubbed my scalp with a vo5 shampoo and creme of nature. i conditioned with the cholestrol and some oil put some infusium 23 leave in andput shea butter and oil in my hair. my hair is ok now. thxs.i dont wanna use grease anymore.
@ curlycurly i didnt get around to getting any acv but i will get some tomorrow because my water is hard and maybe that will help with it.thxs
Thxs everybody

Back