Need Help ladies! First experience...

star78

Happy Fourth! I have been debating for soooo long about getting a weave. After years of being scared to do it, I decided to have some tracks put in my hair yesterday. The stylist was very personable and told me that she would do 3.5 tracks to add fullness b/c my hair is so thin. She relaxed my edges in the front around the hairline but left the rest of my hair natural bc we both agreed that with it being so thin, its best not to do a full relaxer.

I brought my own hair which was Janet Collection Yaky perm. I stressed the importance of it looking natural. When she finished yesterday I was quite happy. The color I bought was a tad bit off but still blended well. She flat-ironed my hair, curled, and finished the curls with pins (pin-curled.) I received a lot of compliments yesterday and no one really knew I was wearing tracks until I told them.. My curls were beautiful when let down.

Anyway, I pinned curled it last night, woke up today and curls are flat. I just read how the Janet Collection hair doesn't hold a curl so guess I will be buying me new hair from now on. It's a holiday so my stylist is not available and my hair just doesn't look good :( I was sweating last night so my own hair doesn't have the shiny straight look it had last night and curls are gone.

What is a girl to do? Can someone recommend a really good flat iron and/or curler? I don't have "tools" nor am I that experienced with using any. I thought I'd be able to pin my hair every night, take out the pins, and be on my way but unfortunately that isn't the case. :(

Is it real or artificial hair? If it's real you can curl it with a curling iron or tongs. Or set it in rollers with a good setting lotion and zap it with heat and airdry it.

Buy some rods the kind that are long and bendy. If u want loose curls buy some bigger ones. Use maybe 6 big ones. For smaller curls use more smaller rods.

Back