Need help from relaxed and/or transitioners

melahnee

This post is about my mom, she has type 4, shoulder length, fine hair.

My mom hasn't gotten a relaxer in two months.
My question: how can I tell if her hair does better while relaxing? I've definitely read on here that transitioning and bein natural is not for everyone. she told me today that she won't get anymore relaxers if I don't think she should (her hair is longer and more volumized after taking out these braids--I think this gave her hope :grin:) I'm scared that's not right for her though.
I know it's not my head of hair:spinning: but my mom is givin me the OK to do what I think I should to it :lol:

She just had braids for two weeks and I just took em out for her, washed her hair and her hair is under a plastic baggy in a deep conditioner right now.:yep: I was thinking of doing an aphogee treatment on her , but her hair felt kinda crunchy when I took out the braids, does that mean she needs more moisture?

bump I need help!
We washed out her dc..i put in olive oil leave-in conditioner, cantu and e.v. olive oil. that's what I do for my own hair. She let it air dry for a little, now she is doing a roller set and she says a lot of hair is coming out. :perplexedI told her maybe because of the braids because mine does the same. Truth is I'm really not sure :sad: it doesn't look like breakage to me, they look like long, healthy strands coming out together:sad:

Long strands are a good thing. Do they have white tips (the root) attached? It's just shedding if so. Every single hair on our bodies (not just the head) are programmed to shed eventually, it's 100% normal and necessary. I just lightly pulled at my eyebrows and 4 came out :lol: These hair are basically waiting to be removed. If I didn't pull these 4 just now, they would've fell on their own.

2 weeks worth of shed hair should be pretty noticeable. We can shed anywhere from 30-150ish strands daily, depending on density and just our genes in general. Breakage are usually smaller pieces of hair (with no root), not long strands the length of the hair.

Good luck with your mom!

I would give her a medium protein treatment like Aphogee 2 minute next, and give her a moisturizing DC 2x a week. I wouldn't mess around with the 2 step protein until I was sure of what her hair needed.

Did she have hair added to her braids?

Long strands are a good thing. Do they have white tips (the root) attached? It's just shedding if so. Every single hair on our bodies (not just the head) are programmed to shed eventually, it's 100% normal and necessary. I just lightly pulled at my eyebrows and 4 came out :lol: These hair are basically waiting to be removed. If I didn't pull these 4 just now, they would've fell on their own.

2 weeks worth of shed hair should be pretty noticeable. We can shed anywhere from 30-150ish strands daily, depending on density and just our genes in general. Breakage are usually smaller pieces of hair (with no root), not long strands the length of the hair.

Good luck with your mom!

I'm not sure which color the tips look, thank you, I will definitely make note of that. I hope it's just shed hair!!

I would give her a medium protein treatment like Aphogee 2 minute next, and give her a moisturizing DC 2x a week. I wouldn't mess around with the 2 step protein until I was sure of what her hair needed.

Did she have hair added to her braids?

Okay thank you. good advice lol. Yeah her hair feels real good after the deep conditioner, definitely something she needs often-- it was so crunchy before. I have aphogee 2 minute but I didn't use it on her today cause I was scared but now I will definitely try next time lol.

Yes she did have hair added!

So do you have to cut off all your relaxed ends while transitioning or can you keep them of they just don't fall off?

Back