Need Help Finding Atlanta Stylist

Hairsoaper

Hi Ladies,
Does anyone know of a stylist in Atlanta that uses Lady Velvet relaxer? I used to use it years ago, when my hair was the healthiest, and I've decided to go back to using it since it's a really good moisturizing relaxer. The problem is that it's hard to find in Georgia, and not many stylists use it. Even if there's someone who's willing to put it in for me if I bring it, that would be good too, because I know where I can purchase it. I'm 9wks post and I don't think I can stretch any longer!:ohwell: Thanks a lot!:)

Yesitsmine said:
Hi Ladies,
Does anyone know of a stylist in Atlanta that uses Lady Velvet relaxer? I used to use it years ago, when my hair was the healthiest, and I've decided to go back to using it since it's a really good moisturizing relaxer. The problem is that it's hard to find in Georgia, and not many stylists use it. Even if there's someone who's willing to put it in for me if I bring it, that would be good too, because I know where I can purchase it. I'm 9wks post and I don't think I can stretch any longer!:ohwell: Thanks a lot!:)

Bump! Bump!! Help please. The newgrowth is getting thicker by the minute.:perplexed

(Can you bump your own post?):confused: :lol:

I don't live in Atlanta and I don't know anything about Lady Velvet but Balisi is a stylist on this board in ATL who many seem to like. Maybe you could send her a PM. HTH.

If you want to purchase it and have someone put it in for you, maybe you could try one of the Dominican salons (Lilly's or Sula's). I have never had my hair relaxed at either of these places, but I think someone told me they will use the product you bring if you like. I heard that Doris at Lilly's does the best relaxers. I would do a little research first to see if you would be comfortable going there and if you would want to get a blowout doobie etc.

Yesitsmine said:
Hi Ladies,

FlyyGyrl said:
I don't live in Atlanta and I don't know anything about Lady Velvet but Balisi is a stylist on this board in ATL who many seem to like. Maybe you could send her a PM. HTH.

Thanks a lot! I'll PM her now.

Get in touch with Balisi. She is phenominal and understands great hair care.I hope she can help!

SmartAlek said:
If you want to purchase it and have someone put it in for you, maybe you could try one of the Dominican salons (Lilly's or Sula's). I have never had my hair relaxed at either of these places, but I think someone told me they will use the product you bring if you like. I heard that Doris at Lilly's does the best relaxers. I would do a little research first to see if you would be comfortable going there and if you would want to get a blowout doobie etc.
Hmm..never thought of going to a Dominican hair salon, but if all else fails, maybe I'll try it. Thanks!

I go to Balisi but I don't have a relaxer. I think you should contact her though because she's great and really knows her stuff. Plus she has fabulous hair herself.

Funny you should ask this question, because I got my hair relaxed today at Lilly's. It was a recommendation by two women on this board. One recommended Bella. So I went to her.

I was at least 14 weeks post relaxer. She proceeded to rip thru my hair with a tiny rat tail comb. So much hair came out. The last person who did my hair here in Atlanta, at another salon, did the same thing. Maybe I should not stretch anymore. And if I do, maybe I should go back to self-relaxing.

The wait at Lilly's is loooooong. Bring a good book or a few mags or an IPod. During my long wait, I watched Bella as she did her clients, and everyone's hair was beautiful.

My hair seems super thin right now, but I just got it done, so maybe I am overreacting.

Hope you have better luck.

I live in the burbs, but it's still ATL. I did go to Deshawn Bullard. She's the BEST! Featured in Black Hair Mag. Try her website www.anotherlooksalon.com . She's in College Park close to the Frozen Place. Let me know if you have any questions regarding her services.

Last edited:
LadyEsquire said:
Funny you should ask this question, because I got my hair relaxed today at Lilly's. It was a recommendation by two women on this board. One recommended Bella. So I went to her.

I was at least 14 weeks post relaxer. She proceeded to rip thru my hair with a tiny rat tail comb. So much hair came out. The last person who did my hair here in Atlanta, at another salon, did the same thing. Maybe I should not stretch anymore. And if I do, maybe I should go back to self-relaxing.

The wait at Lilly's is loooooong. Bring a good book or a few mags or an IPod. During my long wait, I watched Bella as she did her clients, and everyone's hair was beautiful.

My hair seems super thin right now, but I just got it done, so maybe I am overreacting.

Hope you have better luck.

Not trying to hijack this post...but I hate when ish like that happen. I hope your thinning hair is just your imagination.

Back