Need Help! Does Anyone Have Problems With...

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
...STIFF HAIR or your hair forming/shaping with your shoulders???

Since my hair is a few inches passed my collarbone/top of shoulders, it bends with the shape of my shoulders. I wonder if its from moving/bending my neck. This happens when my hair is kinda stiff...

What can I do to eliminate STIFF HAIR????????????

LOL... I haven't experienced this since I was a kid and used to get my hair pressed. What kind of oil/moisturizer do you use on your hair? It may be too heavy.

Right now, I really dont have a good moisturizer. I'm trying to use up my Motions Hair Lotion Oil Moisturizer which is kinda heavy since it has keratin in it. Other products I started using on my hair is a glossing polish and my mixture of oils on my ends. I also use Profectiv Oil Sheen Spray sometimes. I started using Surge Plus 14 as well JUST to my scalp.

But before ever using these products, I never used a moisturizer or any other products for my hair and my hair would bend with my shoulders sometimes. Do u know of a good moisturizer or product that will eliminate stiff hair?

Hmmm... well since you yourself admit that the Motions hair lotion is pretty heavy, I would attribute your "stiff hair" to that. Also, what kind of heat do you use on your hair, if any? (electric curlers, marcels, regular or ceramic flat iron, etc). That may be part of the problem, too.

[ QUOTE ]
Dolce_Dawn said:
Hmmm... well since you yourself admit that the Motions hair lotion is pretty heavy, I would attribute your "stiff hair" to that. Also, what kind of heat do you use on your hair, if any? (electric curlers, marcels, regular or ceramic flat iron, etc). That may be part of the problem, too.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, but I didnt start using the Motions Lotion until the end of 2003. But you make a good point about using heat. I have given up curling irons but I do blowdry my hair (sometimes) and I think thats whats doing it...thanks for your help!

Is there anything I can put on my hair after blowdrying to loosen it up???

[ QUOTE ]
Poohbear said:
[ QUOTE ]
Dolce_Dawn said:

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, but I didnt start using the Motions Lotion until the end of 2003. But you make a good point about using heat. I have given up curling irons but I do blowdry my hair (sometimes) and I think thats whats doing it...thanks for your help!

Is there anything I can put on my hair after blowdrying to loosen it up???

[/ QUOTE ]

i cant really recommend a product but i will say make sure its a light wieght product...and i also try not to blow dry my hair 100% dry because I have no movement if i do that (when i was relaxed). The only way I got movement with my hair dried 100% was if it was done professionally.

did u ever tried Elasta QP Mango Butter or Profective MegaGrowth I love em!!As for a Oil I would suggest u KeraCare Oil Moisturizer ,just use a small amount on your hair and concentrate on your ends..it gives a nice shine and smells just great
grin.gif

Unfortunately I've looked everywhere for Elasta QP Mango Butter and no beauty supply store or retail store has it in my city (Louisville,KY).
nono.gif
But I have thought about trying the Profectiv MegaGrowth, BreakFree, and HealthyEnds. Profectiv has so many products to choose from.
shocked.gif
I was planning on getting some after using up what I have so I dont become a PJ and waste my money!
wink.gif

I have been doing the ponytail method where I airdry my hair in a ponytail but I would leave it in a ponytail. I think after I let it completely airdry in the ponytail, I will take it down to see what my hair looks like. I know my hair is more flexible when it has been airdried instead of using heat to dry it.:)

When I mentioned heat I wasn't badmouthing it (I use it). I just wanted to know to what extent you use heat and how HOT is your heat.

Sounds like you're coming up w/a good plan to troubleshoot. Let us know how it turns out!
wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Dolce_Dawn said:
When I mentioned heat I wasn't badmouthing it (I use it). I just wanted to know to what extent you use heat and how HOT is your heat.

Sounds like you're coming up w/a good plan to troubleshoot. Let us know how it turns out!
wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I know u weren't badmouthing it...;) but I hardly use heat anymore unless I blowdry or dry my hair under a hooded dryer for rollersets, protein treatments, or sometimes conditioners.

Back