Need help concerning twistout

meverllyn1

I'm almost 100% natural, since I have join LHCF I have fallen in love with some of the hair styles for naturals. The one I like the most is the twistout. I was wondering, how do you keep the twistout from puffing up? When my hair get long enough I want to try this style, but I want them to stay neat, not puffy. Can anyone help me with this?:( Meverllyn

if your natural, you're gonna get "some" poof - it can't be helped really especially if there's humidity in the air.

but you might be able control it to a certain extent by using gels or even a silicone product. the cones will block alot of the moisture that causes the poof but, will also prevent your hair from absorbing it too so over time it might start feeling dry. be sure to watch for the signs of build up and clarify.

i use lottabody creme wrap and shea butter on the regular.

cantu shea butter creams contain a good amount of cones.

IC w/sparkettes gel also comes to mind but it always made my hair crunchy :S

experimenting with elasta qp glaze......it does give a good control to stray hairs, is nondrying and hair stays very soft but not sure how strong that control is until a nice humid day to test it out.

keep experimenting.

Lynnie gave good advice, you should also look into wet twisting with product and not separating the strands. I always separate my strands to add a little poof cos my hair is fine and so it can look gappy if I don't. I only twist with moisuriser tho because I worry about using too many cones and also becoming addicted to the shine and that type of thing. If you're keeping the twistout as a style for more than 1 day it'll start poofing no matter what so u may want to take that into consideration =)

Thanks so much LynnieB, seem like you know alot about hair. Your hair looks beautiful. I can't wait for mine to get that long and healthy.;)

meverllyn1 said:
Thanks so much LynnieB, seem like you know alot about hair. Your hair looks beautiful. I can't wait for mine to get that long and healthy.;)

thanks meverllyn1.

i'm not 100% natural yet but goodness knows i've got enough natural hair to know what it's gonna do before it does and i'm ready for it LOL ;)

in my car, i've got 1 or 2 hair elastics and scruncii's on my gear shift and turn signals, the glove box has a couple hair combs, barrets or claw clips and purse has lots of bobby pins in the bottom of it (somewhere).

goin out with me and need a barrette? have NO fear, i got 'em girl, all over the place!:lachen:

you'll find your perfect product though and you'll also have some great accessories when things just aren't going to go your way.

just remember to have alot of fun with your hair!

Back