Need Help ASAP for friend

CheerBear

I have a friend whose hair is relaxed and bleached and very damaged and dry. She has had alot of it cut off, but the fact remain the majority of her hair is damaged. She uses Mane and Tail shampoo and conditioner, Motions shampoo, and herbal essences. She doesn't really use heat on her hair too often, but she doesn't deep con or use leave in. So i suggested she use a moisturizing con like CON, but she says she used it before and it didnt work. I just clarified her hair and put my lekair, honey and EVOO mixture on there. Can anyone who has had color and relaxed damaged hair offer any suggestions of what she could/should do or try??? Thanks. I know what advice I can give her just from being on the board, but I think she wants other opinions..Thanks in advance!

PROTEIN, PROTEIN, PROTEIN!!!!!

she should bootcamp for sure....but protein is what's going to be most important....

I dont know why she doesn't join...she's one of the people who makes fun of me when I'm on it, but look at her noooooow..ohh she NEEDS my hair board that I'm 'obsessed" with
king.gif
...I suggested protein...I don't think she is willing to really spend money on the products though. I suggested Motions CPR since she seems to like that brand..the Silk Protein doesnt seem to work for her.

Also, after i rinsed out the conditioner, I sprayed some H Two leave in on her hair, put in a little suave milk and honey, my jojoba/rosemary/castor oil blend, and little shea butter, and braided her hair so she could sport a braid out tomorrow, because she's been complaining of not being able to do anything to it because of new growth, and I'm tryin to convince her not to relax since she just took out her braids a couple days ago. I let her have the H-Two leave in and gave her a little jar of shea butter. Hopefully her hair turns out ok

give her daily co washes and keep her in braid outs and buns. she may need a heavier moisturizer on her ends to help protect them. give her a half inch trim every other week or so until she gets the damaged ends off because they will do nothing but get worse

And if she hasn't had one recently give her a heavy protein treatment.

After that elasta qp breakage control serum might thurn out to be her best friend
smile.gif
It helped my breakage to stop and I use it 2x a week mixed in with my deep conditioners. I guess that any other light silk/wheat protein conditioner could help too.

Back