NEED HELP ABOUT BUTTERS...Please...

LadyZ

I just bought Aloe butter, Olive Butter, Shea butter.... Do any of these have or are considered protein of any type... My hair hates protein...

Also is Cholesterol like protein? I have been using it and now my hair feels terrible... Help anyone:whyme: :drowning:

TIA

I wish I could help you. I myself have not tried any of the butters. However I have been wanting to try the Avocado one. A lot of people on here like this one.

I'm not 100% sure but i think that cholesterol is a kind of protein. If you look at the ingredients list for most of these cholesterols, you will most likely find that they contain protein but they are just not as strong as regular protein treatments. I'm sure the other ladies here will chime in with their 2 cents soon.

At the molecular level, cholesterol is a LIPID (fatty substance), NOT a protein. However, some "cholesterol" conditioners (like LeKair) CAN contain proteins. Most often, a protein in hair products will be labeled as keratin, collagen, silk, or wheat protein. Check for these in the ingredients of the cholesterol conditioner you use.

As far as I can tell, natural plant or nut butters shouldn't contain protein. They are natural fats extracted from plants or nuts. Now, I don't claim to know the chemical properties of all of the butters you mentioned, though - but overall, they're basically fats (which moisturize the hair).

I hope that helps you out some!:)

Back