Need Hair Product advice!

Kamilla16

Hey everybody. I am new to the hair care thingy, but I would love to start taking better care of my hair in 2003. I am 16 years old w/ type 4 a/b hair(relaxed w/ Soft & Beautiful No Lye) that is 10 inches and a little shorter in the front and very back.

I need suggestions for:

Shampoo
Conditioner (leave-in)
Setting lotion or Wrapping Creme
relaxers

All advice would be truly appreciated. I love all of yall and hopefully I will reach my hair goal which for right now is 15". That 5 inches to go!!!

/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Hi Kamilla, /images/graemlins/wave.gif

Since relaxed hair usually needs a lot of moisture, you should get a moisturizing shampoo and conditioners. Some of the ones that relaxed heads here use are: Elucence, KeraCare and Mizani. As far as setting lotion, I use a leave-in conditioner (Kiehl's or Elucence). SweetCocoa does a wonderful roller set with a wrapping creme (have to check on the name). The relaxer that my stylist uses every three months on my new growth is Design Essentials Lye. She's been using it on me about a year or so, and I really like it. I'm sure the other ladies can give you some other recommendations.

Hi Kamilla16,

For shampoos, I recommend
Cream of Nature for dry/damaged hair,
Nexxus Botanoil Shampoo,
Mizani BotaniFying Conditioning Shampoo.
There are some other good ones too the other ladies can recommend.

For a deep conditioner, I like Mizani Moisturefuse for moisture, and ORS Hair Mayonnaise, Cathy Howes UBH Conditioner.
I don't have a good leave in I can recommend.

For relaxers, I am a strong believer that a lye relaxer is the best way to go. Some popular lye relaxers are
Affirm, Mizzani, Design Essentials, Elucence, Motions Oil, Optimum Rx, just to name a few. There are many other very good lye relaxers as well.

As a setting lotion, I've used the Lottabody creamwrap and the Lottabody lotion. With the lotion I use 1 part Lottabody lotion and 3 parts water. So I would put 1 ounce of the setting lotion and 3 ounces of water. I don't like the crunchy feel.

With the creamwrap, you should use it sparingly. If you use too much of it, your hair will feel heavy and flat. It's good if used the right way. Doesn't give that crunchy feel. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Hi Kamilla16,

See below:

Shampoo

Cream of Nature
Motions
Lanza (the line for chemically treated hair)
Aphogee shampoo for damage hair
Aphogee Moisturizing shampoo

Conditioner (leave-in)

Infusium 23
Giovanni Leave In

Setting lotion or Wrapping Creme

Lottabody Setting lotion and cream

relaxers

Revlon
Affirm
Motions
Mizani