Need curl definition

jazzyto

I posted this in the kids forum too:

My son is only 5 but after he was looking at his old baby pictures a couple months ago, he has decided that he doesnt want a hair cut anymore. He wants his fro back. Im okay with that and I kinda like more hair on his head. My DH is ready to whip out the clippers and fade him up. I am looking for something to use on his hair to give it more curl definintion and some shine/sheen. We have used Ms. Jessies in the past and while it did define the curls they dried hard and the product flaked up. Yesterday I tried beyond the zone curl cream and it did nothing. Im not good at the hair typing thing but I would say he has some 3C areas and some 4A. Any suggestions.
progress.gif

Good Morning Jazzy!
What works for my hair is after shampooing or DCing I leave a little conditoner(VO5 or Giovanni Smooth as Silk) in my hair and seal with a light oil... Coconut is great for me. :yep: Before you put in the curl products for your son is his hair moist? I figured out that was the trick for me, my hair must be moist with some water before I see any curl definition. Hope this helps. :)

Good Morning Jazzy!
What works for my hair is after shampooing or DCing I leave a little conditoner(VO5 or Giovanni Smooth as Silk) in my hair and seal with a light oil... Coconut is great for me. :yep: Before you put in the curl products for your son is his hair moist? I figured out that was the trick for me, my hair must be moist with some water before I see any curl definition. Hope this helps. :)

yeah I have been applying them to just washed and conditioned hair. after his hair is washed it really curls up but when it dries it looks kinda blah.

Back