Need book recommendation for Friend

ommns

I have a girlfriend who has low self esteem. Part of the problem is that she feels she is not worthy of a lot of things and because she is not a college graduate she feels worse about herself.

Is there a Christian book that you would recommend. She just started attending church again.

I am looking for a book that would give her positive vibes, maybe a memoir from someone who has been thru a lot but came out on top?

Thanks in advance.

I don't have a book in mind yet.... But being a college graduate is something she can change. Tell her to start the momentum at the local community college.

I have a girlfriend who has low self esteem. Part of the problem is that she feels she is not worthy of a lot of things and because she is not a college graduate she feels worse about herself.

Is there a Christian book that you would recommend. She just started attending church again.

I am looking for a book that would give her positive vibes, maybe a memoir from someone who has been thru a lot but came out on top?

Thanks in advance.

She's going to need a little more than books, such as therapy sessions to help her get to the root of her lack of self esteem and the prayers of her loving friend, which is who you are, as you've shown in this post of yours. It's so easy to see that you think more of her than just a friend but as a 'sister'. :giveheart:

As for books, I would highly suggest some of Joyce Meyer's books, for Joyce truly had low self esteem and God delivered her in such a beautiful way.

"The Battlefield of the Mind" is a wonderful book; also "The Confident Woman" and "Eat the Cookie, Buy the Shoes". Actually all of Joyce's books and tapes have a positive impact on so many people.

Here's a link to Joyce's website as well as a link to some of her books, and message CD's.

Impact Christian Books - 75 Joyce Meyer Books, CDs, DVDs

The CD's will help to reinforce what she reads. It seems like your friend is in need of healing of a broken heart, broken dreams, and a broken focus. It seems as if she's been down so long that looking up just to see 'down' is where she has limited her focus in life.

Here's her website and there is so much available online that your friend can access here. I hope this helps. :love2:

Joyce Meyer Ministries — Home

I wish your friend God's peace for surely He is there to bring her completely through this. For no one deserves to live unhappy, especially when they are a child of God. For the 'Joy of the Lord' is our strength.

God bless you and your precious friend. :giveheart:

The Search for Significance by Robert S. McGee is a good one on this topic.

Also, if you look up the authors Henry Cloud and John Townsend, they write a lot about these things.

Another good one is by Beth Moore: So Long Insecurity, You've Been a Bad Friend to Us

Back