NEED ADVICE QUICK! COME IN HERE!! HELP!

knottyaaverage

MERRY CHRISTMAS ALL!!! :grin: ok. so my last touch up was Oct. 31st. and i think im going to touch up again this saturday because i have a lot of events to attend next week and New Year's celebrations. i wanted to follow through with my 10 week stretches, but i'm getting the puffy dome and my wash and sets aren't sustaining anymore. i have close to an inch of new growth.

-does it make a difference if i wait another week b4 i touch up?

-should i just wash and set again and touch up in 2 more weeks so the touch up wont overlap?

also. i use Revlon regular relaxer right now, but i miss the shinyness my hair used to have after touch ups and am thinking about using ORS Olive Oil relaxer.

- will this damage my hair?

-is one lye and the other no-lye? because i don't know and i heard it's lethal to hair if u switch from one to the other.

- and also i heard Olive Olive relaxer is more like a texturizer and doesn't last too long? is this true? and should i refrain from using it and stick to the Revlon?

I don't think it would make a big difference if you wait but if you are not getting breakage, try to wait it out. If your hair is breaking, do another conditioning treatment and relax.

What revlon relaxer are you using?

ORS makes a lye and a no lye. The no lye comes in a box and the lye comes in a green a jar. Many here have had success with the ORS, both the lye and no lye.

As far as damage, as long as you try tp prevent overlapping, you shouldn't greatly damage your hair. Coat your previously relaxed ends with some conditioner or thick oil like castor oil.

o hey girl! :grin: i havent seen/heard from u in so long. my hair is doing sooooom much better!!! i definetly have to thank you and sugar rose for all the help and advice u guys have given me since i joined!! i'm not updating my fotki until probably mid jan. but my hair's doing soooo well! and hydra tlc is something ive been using for the past month and really enjoying. i'm gonna try to find a pic and some info on the revlon relaxer im using and post it for u. and i guess ill go through with the touch up. thansx so much! and brb

Can u just wash and set and flat iron or blow out the roots? One week shouldnt make too much of a difference though so I guess its a matter of personal opinion. I agree with gym though, I would wait it out if I wasnt getting breakage. Im coming up on 12 weeks and I would normally relax but I want a fresh relaxer before my wedding in late february/early march so since my hair seems to be fine Im gonna hold out. I figure the less often I put chemicals in my hair, the better.

Back