Need advice on when to trim my hair

Ayeshia

Okay guys at first I was gonna wait until next april to trim, but now I dont know if thats a good idea or not. I ve heard of a lot of naturals getting knots and excessive tangling. So far that hasnt happened to me. But i would like to avoid it. So anyway do you think its a good idea to wait this long or should I trim sooner? I would like advice from everyone not just naturals
smile.gif

I've been wondering about this too. I didn't want to trim again this year but now I'm thinking of maybe doing a dusting every couple months. My hair tangles easily and cutting off even just a tiny bit seems to make it easier to detangle.

When I was natural, I rarely trimmed my hair (2x a year). I didn't need to since I usually had my hair pulled back wet and it didn't tangle so I didn't get knots. I also didn't have any split ends.
If you're knot prone and want to avoid them, you might consider a very light dusting every couple of months. But if you're not noticing any problems, IMO, you don't need to trim.

Okay thanks for the advice guys...So maybe at month six which is in October Ill check my hair to see if it needs t be trmmed. If all is well at that point then I MIGHT try for April.

Back