Need Advice on Straw Set(NOW!!!)

oglorious1

Mixologist
I'm going to praise team rehearsal in 20 minutes, hopefully I'll have answers when I get back, today if hair night, I made a special trip to the 99 cent store to get straws and bobby pins to get started, I need advice on how to it, here's the plan

Shampoo
ACV Rinse
Deep Condition
Regular Conditioner
Detangle with Kids Organics Detangler
Get ready to straw set:

I plan on applying Asha's after the Kids Organics, specifically Mane Attraction, I wanted to use BBD Stretch(but I don't know an alternative product, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated), can't find the product where I live and Irby's is sold out, then using the BBD Glass to set the straws with... oh yeah, I already have a water bottle of plain old water to spray, as my hair dries while I'm trying to set my hair...

Any SUGGESTIONS...PLEASE HELP...:confused: :confused: :confused:

By the way, my hair is 100000% natural, haven't had a relaxer in 65 blue moons....

Sounds good to me! However i don't know if the BBD glass you are referring to is a gel, does it have alcohol in it? I had a straw set awhile ago and they used gel to set my hair and it broke off pretty bad.

Thanks, brownsuga, I don't think it has alcohol, it's so supposed to have all the good stuff, get this, there's no ingredients listed...I'm sitting here typing with conditioner in my hair...

lol they dont list the ingred?? isn't that against the law or somethin? well long as it works! Good luck on your straw set pm me and let me know how it turned out ;-)

BrwnSugaBabee said:
Oh i am sorry to hear that straw sets can be tricky! Practice makes perfect, I'm sure next time it will turn out better:-)

I don't know...I'll see, my hair ended up in tangles and know, I had to cut two of them out, I reverted to natural twists, I just need to figure out how to get my natural roots straight, plus I think the straws were too small...

Back