Need advice on hair growth!

jshug

ok here's the deal...
I joined LHCF last January, my hair is much more healthier than it used to be thanks to the great advice here.
The pic in my siggy is before I decided to go natural and cut my hair to a short bob. Ok fast forward, transitioned all the to about 2in of relaxed hair, got caught in a storm one day and succumbed to the creamy crack. So I'm relaxed now, I've been using Silk Elements lye with Olive oil with no problems. I use Biosilk shampoo and conditioner along with CHI keratin mist. It looks great but it just won't grow past my collar!!! What is the deal? I've tried just about everything. What can I do to get and retain length?

Hair is always growing so you need to work on your retention. What do you think is hindering your retention?

I dont know, I wonder if I need to keep it off my shoulders?

As long as you've been on lhcf, you already know that's the answer (or part of it).

How's your heat usage? Do you handle your hair gently? Are you using too much protein/moisture? Do you need to DC more?

Hair is always growing so you need to work on your retention. What do you think is hindering your retention?

I agree with this statement. If you're getting new growth and have to do relaxer touch ups, then your has is growing. Retention is key.

You might have to try protective styling to see if there is any change. I suggest you challenge yourself to a 4 to 6 month time frame and see if there is a different. Also during this time frame lay off the heat and step up the deep conditioning to once or twice a week. Make sure to ALWAYS moisturize and seal your ends.

HTH.

Back