Need advice on dry color treated relaxed hair

Iluvsmuhgrass

I hope this finds you all in the best of health and spirit. :)

I'm needing advice. I have highlights (done with permanent coloring) and it is either dry and brittle or when I use products (using mtg on my scalp 1-2x a week; the full length of hair 1x a week, some profective products (love the anti-breakage strengthener, anti-itch hair and scalp cream), cynthia howse's spray, etc... my hair is moisturized and thicker....but spongy and flat. I'm saving for a house so I'm on a tight budget and can't afford the pricey products. I wash and condition 2x a week (my hair does NOT like co washes). I have a great stylist that relaxes my hair. I've been blessed because she listens and takes good care of my hair. She trims at my request every three months or so. She's given me protein treatments (Dudleys I think...) followed by an intense moisturizer... However, I'm looking for inbetween salon maintenance tips. I don't use any heat on my hair except for a low setting on the blowdryer.... it turns out WONDERFULLY!!! I'll blowdry a section then put it into a knot and leave it. When I take them out I have the softest, shiniest, full of body braidouts... but two days later it's dry and begging to be washed again... I haven't had much breakage so it's not bad but my hair seems to be changing and it's driving me crazy. :ohwell: Any suggestions? HELP MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE :(

Wow I learned a lot from that thread too, and I don't color.

Back