Need advice-Nexxus Poo and Conditioner

kitten73

My hair really loves this line and so does my little girls so I want to stick with what works. I am just wondering about a few things. I have bee using the Keraphix on her hair every two weeks, is that too much for a reconstructer? Also, I like the Botanoil for my hair since I am relaxed but she is natural, which poo from Nexxus would any of you suggest for her hair or do you think she will be okay with Botanoil?

I love Nexxus products too, I think the Botanoil would be fine for her hair but would alternate it w/the Therappe for the extra moisture. I like the Botanoil for the strenthing it gives. I don't know if you are aware of Nexxus being sold and that the packaging has changed, but you can do a search and something should come up. HTH's

kitten73 said:
My hair really loves this line and so does my little girls so I want to stick with what works. I am just wondering about a few things. I have bee using the Keraphix on her hair every two weeks, is that too much for a reconstructer? Also, I like the Botanoil for my hair since I am relaxed but she is natural, which poo from Nexxus would any of you suggest for her hair or do you think she will be okay with Botanoil?

I use Keraphix every other week, and my hair LOVES it. It keeps breakage away and keeps me from having to do megaprotein every 6 weeks.

I would recommend Therappe for your daughter's hair, but like BWE said, Botanoil should be fine.

And yes, Nexxus is no longer going to be a salon product. Therefore, you may want to have a backup line to replace Nexxus should you not like the performance of the new formulas.

HTH

{DI}

Are they selling the company? I wasn't aware of this. I know that the bottles are now silver instead of the old white. I am skeptikal about buying on Ebay now and there are tons of auctions for the entire line.

You know, I just remembered I saw a new display in Duane Reade the other day. I thought it was interesting. They started selling Nexxus a few years back but I never saw it's own display. Thanks for the tips.

Yup, and actually it has already been sold. I just discovered Nexxus back in the summer of 05' and hoped to be using it for a very loooong time.
kitten73 said:
Are they selling the company? I wasn't aware of this. I know that the bottles are now silver instead of the old white. I am skeptikal about buying on Ebay now and there are tons of auctions for the entire line.

The prices that some people on Ebay are offereing are so great. I have been dealing with ebay for a while so I may give it a shot. I love Therappe for my hair as well so I think I will go with Therappe, Humectress and Keraphix for both of us. I don't think I can go wrong with that combo for either of us. I want Emergencee for my hair but I think that is too strong for Deja's hair because she is natural right? She has soooo much shedding and the keraphix isn't helping it. She had major breakage from being on the swim team and I am still tying to get her hair back. Any suggestions?

If she's a swimmer, I think you should be using a poo/con combo designed specifically for swimmers. Aubrey's has one & Nexxus does too. I was just in the BSS Friday and saw a group of products packaged by Nexxus designed to specifically address the hair care needs of swimmers. It contained three products...I know Aloe Rid was one of them...and Keraphix & Ensure were the others, I think. Anyway, if you go to their website, you can find out what they recommend. I've never tried the Aubrey's swimmers line, but it's worth doing research. I'm not crazy about Aloe Rid so I use PM Tea Tree poo/con in its place.

The swimming is probably the reason she's having so much shedding. I wouldn't use Emergencee though...I'd save that as a last resort since her hair is natural. Perhaps you could check into garlic poos and other options before doing the heavy protein.

{DI}

Back