Need advice for breakage at the crown...

Leslie_C

This has always been my problem area. Im texlaxed now and my hair has been doing well for a while and I feel like Im finally on the road to healthy and one day long hair. Anyway, last night I noticed a patch of hair at my crown has broken off to a few inches in length...:mad:

I already try to concentrate on that area, putting extra moisturizer and conditioner there. I dont use heat at all (only once in a blue moon). I CAN say that this area is the most coarse hair on my head so even though its texlaxed the new growth is rougher there than anywhere else.

I dont know what else to do. Maybe it would help if I knew how to treat it. Does this type of breakage need to be treated with more MOISTURE to make it softer or more PROTEIN to make it stronger?

You know what? I'm not trying to be a product pusha or nothin like that but I must recommend this product. It's Mizani's H20 nighttime treatment. For years I've seen raves about it and I wished I tried it sooner. This stuff works, I got it several months back and I kid you not after 2 days (that's right 2 days) of using it I noticed a dramatic improvement, hardly any shedding and best of all no breakage. Whatever this product has it works, when I noticed the ingredients I didn't think the product was anything extraordinary but it works, it provides me with the moisture and protein I needed.

BTW, can you please breakdown your regimen?

Alli77 said:
You know what? I'm not trying to be a product pusha or nothin like that but I must recommend this product. It's Mizani's H20 nighttime treatment. For years I've seen raves about it and I wished I tried it sooner. This stuff works, I got it several months back and I kid you not after 2 days (that's right 2 days) of using it I noticed a dramatic improvement, hardly any shedding and best of all no breakage. Whatever this product has it works, when I noticed the ingredients I didn't think the product was anything extraordinary but it works, it provides me with the moisture and protein I needed.

BTW, can you please breakdown your regimen?

Thx Alli, I may give it a shot even though Im in PJ remission. ;)

My regimen is basically shampoo once a week with either CON, Design Essentials Moisture Retention, or JASON's Natural Sea Kelp shampoo. Deep condition with an ORS pack once a week. co wash 2 to 3 other times a week with Herbal Essence Hello Hydration (*love* that stuff). I do wash n gos a lot so I dont comb my hair often...maybe once or twice a week...the rest of the time its just scrunching with product (home made curl pudding and carefree curl mostly) or brushing the edges with a soft boar bristle brush. My hair has been thriving from this regimen aside from the breakage in my classic problem area. Its getting longer and thicker.

if my hair feels dry I add a little carefree curl and its good to go. I also do a protein treatment once a month and clarify twice a month.

Back