need advice about removing black dye with The Uncolor System cliff notes in bold

bellezanegra826

In November, I went to a stylist and asked that she dye my hair black with semi permanent dye. I clearly expressed to her that I did not want permanent color in my hair. I asked her how long the color would last and she said that it would probably last until December. Well it is now March and my hair is still black after me washing it more than once a week since November. Based on this, and other information that I know about her, I am convinced that she gave me permanent color. I plan to remove this color with a product called The Uncolor System by Clairol Professional. The directions for permed hair read "If hair as been premed or relaxed, mix 1 packette with 2 oz (60 mL) of water. Wait at least one week and one shampoo before applying. It is very important to strand test first." Does that mean mix the remover and then wait a week to apply the mix that you made or does it mean wait a week after perming your hair to mix with water and follow the rest of the directions? I know this is a professional product, but I have used The Uncolor system for removing semi permanent dye and it did nothing! Any advice would greatly be appreciated.

Sounds to me that you should wait a week after relaxing to do the treatment.

I find that these type treatments don't work too well. I get better results mixing my own.

Back