Need advice about Natutral hair salon options

Hi, everyone,

I have not posted for a while, but I realized when I began looking for a new stylists I should consult the experts at the Board. so here goes: I began transitioning in December and cut off the relaxed ends in Feburary. I now have a full head of natural hair. The top is curly and sides and back are more kinky.

I use Softn' Fro Moisturizer and Mango Butter on each strand to do twist outs and I get a really nice curly/wavy look for about 2-3 days.

But I'm getting tired of doing it, not to mention that the DC humidity pretty much turns it into an frizz ball when I walk outside for more than 10 minutes. I had always planned to go to Curve Salon in NY when I was ready to go to Curve Salon when my hair grew out a lot, but before I slap down $250 for their services, I thought I'd ask if anyone on the board knows a good salon in DC/MD that would apply texturizer/silkeners or something that would give me more control and manageability? Thanks.

you should check out the salon review section of the forum...i saw a couple of threads about DC and MD....youre in a popular area!
laugh.gif

~T~

Thanks for the reply, I took a look at that section. Most of the salons seemed to do twists etc which is fine, but I'm looking for more of a texturizer situation. I did not want to go t a regular salon because there is too much risk for overlapping or some overzealous stylist trying to convince me to go for the full relaxer.

oh, i see....well, i figured that they would do what you asked them to at the salon....hope you find what youre looking for!
~T~

There was recently a post by someone who went to a regular salon and got a texturizer. Maybe you should consult with a few regular stylists?

Seems hard to find natural stylists who do it all...seems they only twists and things like that. I've looked, too.

My stylist is texturized. I go to Sheldeez Salon in VA. Her name is Candace. The salon specializes in chemical services but she might be of assistance to you.

Back