Neck-Length Girls!!!

daviine

Okay--I guess my post was one of the posts that got deleted/lost the other day. On top of that, I was unable to get into the board for about two days so I don't know when my post actually got lost or who contributed to the thread.

Please allow me to repost my question (at least the part that I remember anyway).

How do you ladies style your hair and what is your hair regimen? Out of curiosity, are you planning on growing out your hair or do you like your hair at the neck length?

Here is a link to a pic of my hair:

http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/daviine/detail?.dir=/daviine%27s+photo+album&.dnm=aafa.jpg

Any and all suggestions are welcome. Thanks in advance.....
antlers.gif
(Actually I can't really wear my hair like that anymore)
lachen70.gif

I just cut mine today and it is at the base of my neck. This is going to be interesting because I haven't had hair this short in ages. I may put a weave in it tomorrow though.
laugh.gif

I cut it on Friday--so you're not really late because I didn't post about it for a while..then my post got lost......

Yeah man......I cut it.....A very close friend of the family did my hair for me (she's a stylist)but that's make it worse. I think that makes people(family and family friends) think that they can do anything they want to your hair.....I dunno...but she was definitely scissor-happy. I was expecting more of a shoulder-length cut...but here I am...with my neck-length hair. I just have to get used to no buns and/or ponytails.

I'm not really mad though about the haircut...just her approach or her chairside manner (like a doctor's bedside manner).
rofl.gif

well..I'm rambling as usual.....

WOW Daviine...you cut your hair!! It looks really healthy and shiny. I bet It's cute on you. My hair (if you recall) is not much longer than yours in the back. Its a little longer on the sides now - - not quite shoulder length. I love my stylists rollersets. Sometimes I airdry in a ponytail and then flat iron into a flip/shag thing. Lately, since my touchup, I've been wearing braidouts which I LOVE!! They are so easy to do (3 braids) and are resistant to NYC's yucky weather.

Hey Luna
wave.gif

I plan to save the braidouts ofr near touchup time.....

I do remember your hair length. Can I achieve the flip shag thing without the flat iron? Either way, could you tell me how to achieve this style--I've always liked that style.

Oh yeah...and how do I do a twistout?

I use the big Jibere flat iron and as I swipe it through a piece of hair, I turn my wrist towards my head to flip up the last inch ir so. It's not a tightly curled flip like you get w/ rollers or a barrel iron....just a slightly messy turned-up ends thing...I like it. Ive never done a twistout because I figured that the curl pattern wouldnt be defined enough for me. Plus, I'm twist-challenged! I used to save braidouts for when I had lots of new growth...but it looks SO different when done on straight hair,,,less poofy and very defined waves.

Daviine,

Like I said on the other board, I think your hair cut looks great. I remember when mine was like that, I really liked it.

Did you let her cut it the way she wanted to or did you tell her to cut it a certain way? I hope you told her something about how you really wanted it.

Daviine..your hair looks really healthy and shiny.. It looks good. I just all of mine chopped off too.. it was grazing my shoulders..now it's at the middle of my neck. It was really uneven and the ends were horrid! I'm starting all over.. Your hair looks great though!

Dang, Daviine!!! Your hair looks GORGEOUS!!! I love the color, and it looks so thick & healthy!!
clap.gif
Keep up the good work, girl!!
up.gif
up.gif

I didn't color my hair but everyone thinks I did. I don;t know how that really happened but I'm ready to color (not permanent though) it as soon as the sun comes out!!

Thanks for all of the compliments guys.....hopefully my hair grows out healthy and thick looking as well!!

[ QUOTE ]
Lindy said:
Dang, Daviine!!! Your hair looks GORGEOUS!!! I love the color, and it looks so thick & healthy!!
clap.gif
Keep up the good work, girl!!
up.gif
up.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto!!

i agree with ever1 else in sayin your hair looks NICE!! i'm at neck length as well at the moment (dont kno exactly where because of braids) but i intend to grow it out to at least mid back coz this is the longest length i've had and i just wanna see just how far i can push it.

Girl, your hair is absolutely beautiful.

My goal WUZ to grow my hair like byrds on Soul Food a couple of seasons ago when she was rockin a swinging bob. Now my hair is basically that length, except I had braids at one time and when I took them out, I didn't comb my hair out. I ended up having to cut the tangles out in a couple of places near the front.

But your hair looks like hers. It is BEAUTIFUL.

My hair at the back of my head is just to the base of ny neck. I am also growing out layers, and so therefore the hair on the sides is shorter, but is catching up to the back.

I have been experimenting with wrapping my hair at night. My new stylist showed me how to do it. Anyway, I wear it down, with an off-center part, and so the hair sort of feathers across my forehead. I am going for that "messy look" which is so popular at the moment.

I would like to grow my hair to shoulder-length. I figure another year, if all goes well.

northernbelle

Hi, your hair looks really great. Mine is the same length in the back, but the front is angled up towards my nose length bangs. What else can I do to my hair though? Can I do twist outs or braid outs? Are there other things besides even those two to do?

Great! I'm glad I found some people who are at the same stage of the game I am. Right now I am definitly trying to grow my neck length hair out.

I'm trying to grow mines out. experimenting with glycerin and water mix- this seems to be working well, adding liquid aloe vera to my conditioner, using different oils such as rosemary, evening primrose oil, castor, jamaica black castor oil, sweet almond oil, wheatgerm oil, apricot kernel oil and shapley's m-t-g.

So far so good.

I cant say see any thing... :(

Okay I just edited my post. I see that beautiful mane but just no the new cut...Daviine, although I can't see your new cut I know it has to be the ish. I always stalked you when I first joined the hair boards :lachen: :lachen: I can't believe you cut all that hair....I know it looks great though. Your hair is has always been the picture of perfect health.

My hair is a little below chin length I have been in a hair funk lately though, I have been pulling it all back with a fake bun, but I love the fullness of a blunt cut. you can still do flips and such. Anyway its good to see you back on the boards.

Last edited:
I'm FINALLY growing beyond neck length. The hair in the back is now .5 of an inch below the base of my neck, about an inch past chin length on the sides and I have bangs that are slightly above chin length.

All I do is wash n gos everyaday, I'm trying to grow it out :)

Back