naturals with twa

chebaby

what are you going to do with your hair this winter?
i just found out i cant wear flat twists or cornrows to work so i was thinking about getting individuals twists put in with added hair. but i have never been fond of fake hair and im sooooo scared that my edges will suffer. but thats the only thing i can think to do with my hair to protect it this winter.

what are your ideas for your hair?

ETA: and i say twa because if you have longer natural hair you can do more with it. i have 5inches when its stretched but it doesnt look right if i just put my own hair in individual plaits or twists lol. they stick up all over the place.

Just what I was wondering, mini twists take too long and I can not keep them in for long due to an oily scalp.

So just a shrunken fro or a hat... I hate hat head.

what are you going to do with your hair this winter?
i just found out i cant wear flat twists or cornrows to work so i was thinking about getting individuals twists put in with added hair. but i have never been fond of fake hair and im sooooo scared that my edges will suffer. but thats the only thing i can think to do with my hair to protect it this winter.

what are your ideas for your hair?

ETA: and i say twa because if you have longer natural hair you can do more with it. i have 5inches when its stretched but it doesnt look right if i just put my own hair in individual plaits or twists lol. they stick up all over the place.

I'm not sure gurl, but constant wash and go's wrecked havoc on my ends. Maybe I'll get braids, but I am too afraid that my daddy would be upset. He always says "We don't do fake hair in this family."

I've never had fake hair, not even a phony pony.

I'll probably do twist outs and then retwist in huge chucks every night. I doubt I'll be doing wash n' go's during the winter. I know it takes time to do the initial set of twists, but I find it a lot less troublesome than walking around with wet hair all day....it takes my twa all day to dry..lol.

I'm wearing my TWA. I'm a SAHm most days though. You could braid it in cornrows and wear a wig while at work or a sew in. Just suggestions.

thanx ladies. keep em comin.....

i know wash and goes are out because i dont need to get sick. i could do twist outs like im wearing now but i was thinking of having my hair protected like covered up somehow.

Okay I have about a 2 inch Twa, and I thought about getting some braids for the winter, I don't conditioner wash daily because it never done anything for my hair but make it drier, then I thought, Hmmmm, I like to be able to cleanse my whole head and use my products and play in my hair etc. LOL!!!

I cannot do wigs at all they itch me and my head get too hot, so I believe I am just gonna keep it simple and stock up on those cute thin headbands and earrings and add extra moisture to my hair. that is really about all I can do, I too am afraid of the extra tension on my edges.

Good Thread!!

Hi OP,

Just wondering. Why can't you wear flat twist etc. to work? Isn't that a form of discrimination? :perplexed

have you tried putting clips in to lay i flatter as you twist
It seems to work with my

I'm not sure what I will do
I have a pibbs this year so maybe I will dry it in the morning

I'm just going to continue doing what I've been doing since I did the BC in February, which is wear my twa and when I get tired of it or wanna protect it more I'll cornrow it and wear a wig for a few weeks at a time. That seems to work well for me.

I joined the cornrow challenge so I'll be cornrowed up and wearing wigs over them till the challenge ends in December. After that, I'll probably rotate between rocking twists, kinky twists, and crochet braids aka interlock. Basically, I won't really be wearing my hair "out" during the cold months.

I joined the cornrow challenge so I'll be cornrowed up and wearing wigs over them till the challenge ends in December. After that, I'll probably rotate between rocking twists, kinky twists, and crochet braids aka interlock. Basically, I won't really be wearing my hair "out" during the cold months.

thats like me, i dont want to wear my hair "out" during the winter for fear it may make my hair sooooo dry. but i think i will just continue to wear my hair in puffs and twist outs here and there. i wont be co washing in the morning thats for sure so i will probably have to find a way to get second and third day hair lol. off to youtube watch....

Most likely I'll be doing two strand twists and coils this winter. I don't plan to wear twist outs as much because I'll be wearing a hat. I know the hat will mess up my twist out.

I will be cornrowing and weaving. I am really tired of wigs lately. If I can find someone for braids I may do that.

I may do some cute hats too since I will be restarting school. Then again there's not much of a winter in the South.

I haven't posted in a while and I've been lurking a lot lately. I just cut half my hair off to start a new (I had lots of split ends) Been natural for about 3 years
I will be braiding my hair up. I do my own individual braids and cornrows with extensions. I haven't decided, but I might alternate braids and cornrows. I'm in braids now

I plan on braiding my hair in October but I'm also scared of damaging my edges or thinning my hair which happened often when I braided relaxed. I want to try twists or braids in my natural hair but I'm too lazy to spend that much time on my hair myself.

Last edited:
Back