Naturals with stylist (not for press)

BeautifulNameX

I'm thinking about finding a natural stylist. I don't know if I should though i'm debating. I've heard so many stories about over processing and burning hair out. But of course I won't be having chemical services and Straighting done. And I can TELL her not to cut in trim. But anyways is there anything I should like watch out for?

And what styles can I get done there? There not may people that are natural in my city. I dont want them to blow dry it. I dont know. I need help. I havent been to a salon since like middle school.

Well, you can get lots of things done. It just depends on the skills of the stylist. I've noticed many "natural" salons only really offer styles for people with locs. Other than that it's weaves, presses, or braids/twists with extensions.

You could get two strand twists, cornrow styles, and other things. It really just depends on the place and the stylist.

The number one thing I would watch out for is how they detangle your hair. Just because it's a natural salon does not mean they know how to handle your hair, and it seems to be that they are the roughest with it. And, they always want to use a tiny comb or a paddle brush to detangle.

I don't go to salons anymore because I can't find anyone to do things the way I want them to. And, they charge so much money for styles I can do myself, like twists.

Back