Naturals with Layered Cuts? (questions + pics)

robot.

Hey there, laydeez. :wave:

When my hair is about BSL, straightened, I would like to cut my hair with a swoop bang and sleek layers. I absolutely love this cut and have been eyeing it for so long now:

sideslide.png
purpplekicks.png

sidesmile.png

I suppose I could always get a weave, like her, but just work with me here. It looks nice straight, but I'm wondering if my hair would look lopsided or crazy natural? Depending on how many layers I get, do you think it would look odd in it's natural state?

As of right now, my only point of reference is Naturally Curly. She had sleek layers, and her natural hair seems thick and even and not lopsided. :lol:

What you you all think? :yep:

I was into scene stuff and had a cute cut a few years ago. I have pictures, still! I loved my hair!

I like hers because it's trendy without being overkill. Still very unique. I love her weave. She's a beautiful girl too, if vapid. :lol:

Oh, i LOVE scene hair! :grin: It's such a cool, edgy look. Maybe I'm just weird. :look: I would never do it to my hair though - I'd use fake hair to acheive that look.

Nothing to do with answering the OP :lol:

The layers would more than likely look off when your hair shrinks up to it's natural state. Consider my hair after I got layers re-cut 2 summers ago and was unhappy with it:

002-vi.jpg

Although looking back at it now, I bet if I'd just ruffled the top up and styled it so it was "bigger" it would've made some great coily scene-ish type hair... :drunk:

That's a look I would definitely save for a weave, it looks very edgy and cool straightened but I think it would look kind of a mess when you went back to coily or tried to achieve other looks. I always have the front of my hair layered I did a fresh trim for new years and thats how my stylist always does for me, long in the back and layers in the front, although I'm kinda growing that out. LOOOOVVVVEEE the kind of layers LadyLibra had put in:clapping: and I think that kind of cut looks just beautiful on natural hair:yep:

Use a weave. I got really edgy layers once and it looked great when it was flat ironed and looked crazy and uneven when it was natural. I had to wait for it to grow back out before I could wear my hair out and natural. Until that point I was bunning and doing ponytails when it wasn't flat ironed bone straight like the girls in the picture.

Back