Naturals with hair bra strap and longer...

ok natural ladies..how long did it take u to, transition from relaxed hair to brastrap natural, and was it hard to transition?
and when was the point of ur big chop?

I guess I'm in this category now, too.
cool.gif
I didn't transition into natural. I did the big chop five years ago, but only really focused on my hair within the last year.

(Edited to say: My regime looks like everyone else's here so I just deleted it.)
ohwell.gif

My hair is about an inch from brastrap but I still wanna answer since I'm so close! My regimen is wear wigs mainly. Cuz I'm lazy and my hair grows alot while its covered.

[ QUOTE ]
antrunette said:
I wash everyday, I see that you only wash 1 or 2 times a month. Do you think that I am damaging my hair washing so much?

[/ QUOTE ]
I faithfully did conditioner washes everyday or everyother day for 6 months and my hair grew sooooooo much. I don't think that washing it everyday is bad. I just didn't really manipulate it much. just conditioner wash, comb thru it and put in a leave in and put it in a bun. I mostly wore cornrows though. If the shower worked at our house I would still do it.
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
asummertyme said:
ok natural ladies..how long did it take u to, transition from relaxed hair to brastrap natural, and was it hard to transition?
and when was the point of ur big chop?

[/ QUOTE ]
I never did the big chop. I just let it grow out and it kept on breaking at the demarcation line. I kept it in microbraids, pressed, or in a bun for two years and it grew out to my shoulders and all the relaxer had broken off. lol i realize that's not the best way to do it but i didn't know how to take care of my hair back then. I've been taking care of my hair for the past year and my hair is almost bra strap. some strands touch it, some go past it and some are like an inch away.
look.gif
I think that means i need a trim lol. Well it took me three years. probably could have been a lot shorter if I had found LHCF earlier.

Back