Naturals with bangs

naheda72

As my hair has hit its goal of WL, I have decided that I want a change. I want to have bangs that will look good on a straight style, but I am afraid of how it will look in a natural state or with kinky styles. One reason I don't wear my hair straight is that a lot of hair around my face doesn't look that great, so I usually wear it back. Are there any naturals that have pictures of their long hair(APL or longer) with bangs, where you wore it straight and natural/kinky styles?

If you only wear your hair straight occasionally then bangs on nappy hair = No Bueno. Pin it back, swoop it back, and get creative with the hair around your face.

Most every natural i've seen that has posted this question and gone ahead and done it, comes right back in here to lament about the grow out of those bangs, so proceed with caution!

I recenly rocked my bangs in their natural state with a ponytail and liked it, but I'm not APL so sorry I can't help you out more.

:bump: for more responses.

When I was natural I was not APL but I cut my bangs because i needed/wanted a change. Not soon after I regretted it because if I wanted to pull my hair back I couldn't. It wasn't a terrible look wearing curly bangs but they were always there.

ETA: Paging zzirvingj and jupitermoonI hope you get responses from long-haired ladies.

Attachments

• before the cut.jpg
    before the cut.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 120
  • straight bangs.jpg
    straight bangs.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 118
  • curly bangs.jpg
    curly bangs.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 135
Last edited:
I think its one or the other. when my bangs were short enough to wear with straight styles they stuck straight out and had to be pinned back when I wore it curly. Once they were long enough to hang when curly they were too long to wear straight.

I wanted bangs for a change as well but I can't cut them because I wear my hair curly a lot and curly shrunk up bangs won't work for me so I played around with faux bang pieces and I also made some of my own.

I was really on the fence about doing it, but thanks to you ladies, I am seeing some really good examples. I think what I am getting out of what you all provided me, is have your natural hair cut, so it isn't cut too short so that I can still work with it while natural. I am very excited and I plan to do this in July,my 6 year anniversary of my last relaxer touch up.

Back