Naturals with a few straight ends...?

I've had to back away from the scissors. I've spent the last couple of days clipping what I assumed were left over relaxed ends from my BC. But I've realized that even after I chop the straight ends, a few days later the ends are straight once again. I haven't used any real heat, so I know it's not heat damage. I have type 4 hair, and I didn't know that this type could have this problem.

Is this normal? What causes it? And if you are having this issue, how do you wear your hair so that it doesn't look funky with the straight ends?

I have a patch of semi-straight/wavy hair at the top of my head that doesn't seem to be changing to the texture of the rest of my hair. I thought it could have been heat damage. I'm slowly just starting to accept the fact that that could be just the way that it grows in that spot.

On the other hand, i do have random straight hairs in my head. It doesn't look *that* crazy, but I just cut them if I see them sticking out in a very obvious way.

As far as styling, I just do my regular wash 'n gos.

My hair is about 70% natural now and so I do have the texlaxed straight ends. When I'm not wearing braids I simply pull it into a bun. I've never worn so many protective styles in years.

My hair also has multiple textures. I thought I was all 3c, when in fact I have patches of hair that are 2c, 3a and 3b (just like my mama). So I agree that it could just be that you have a variety of hair textures. HTH.

I have about half a head of completely straight ends:ohwell: I'm completely natural and I am 100% sure it's not heat damage. (The straight ends are the reason I started using heat in the first place...to try to blend the two textures.)

The only thing I have been able to do to camoflage them a bit are braidouts and the occasional flexirod set...but be careful with both. My straight pieces can become tangled when I do this and that can mean breakage.

I think for me the cause of this is manipulation. Any place on my head I manipulate=straight:perplexed

I think for me the cause of this is manipulation. Any place on my head I manipulate=straight:perplexed

Yep...me too! The front of my hair that I pull back for my ponytails and my nape are waaaayy straighter. I wear mostly twists and twist outs so I just usually twist these areas smaller and have to retwist them when wearing my twist out for them to maintain their curl.

But Im happy with my hair...whatever it decides to do I just roll with.

My bangs tends to be very str8 and some of my ends at the back are also str8 but when I wear my hair in a puff or wash n go, I just use some flexirods to make it look uniformed. I'm reallly not worried about the few str8 ends that I have. Its whatever because I like wearing my hair str8 anyway so.....

My bangs tends to be very str8 and some of my ends at the back are also str8 but when I wear my hair in a puff or wash n go, I just use some flexirods to make it look uniformed. I'm reallly not worried about the few str8 ends that I have. Its whatever because I like wearing my hair str8 anyway so.....

My hair is like that too in the very front and back. Once I add products the front is fine. The back always looks straighter no matter what I do. Sometimes I will clip random straight pieces I see.

I just leave them alone. I figured out it wasn't heat damage because whole strands 10+ inches are straight/wavy. Oh well. :drunk:

I've got some straight strands in the front and at the nape as well. Even though I don't staighten very often, I was paranoid that my hair was burned by my stylist. Guess I was trippin.:rolleyes:

Back