Naturals who've been to Dominican Salons, what...

Melaninme

Naturals who\'ve been to Dominican Salons, what...

procedure does the stylist perform when doing a blow out? I would like to try this for myself on my own hair and possibly my mother's (only if I'm pleased with my results). I've purchased a round brush and a paddle brush ( hopefully one of these is used), but I have yet to try this procedure. Wanted to obtain more information first. I've done a search, but mostly found "where" to locate a DR salon instead.

Thanks ladies!

Asha
wink.gif

Re: Naturals who\'ve been to Dominican Salons, what...

After washing, conditioning, rinsing the hair, all the Dominican salons I've been to have applied a liquid leave in, and blow dried my hair while it was completely wet (not even towel dried). Although too much of this seems like it would break the hair (basically steams your hair because it's so wet), but it definitely comes out silky. Also, the process is that they part your hair, pull it taut, hold it with the vent brush, and then blow dry that piece without moving the brush. Not sure if I'm being clear, but they don't start running the brush through your hair until it's almost dry and flat from just holding the hair straight and drying it that way. HTH
smile.gif

Thank you so very much for responding! I will give this technique a try.

Again, thank you
wink.gif

Asha
wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]
miss_brown said:
After washing, conditioning, rinsing the hair, all the Dominican salons I've been to have applied a liquid leave in, and blow dried my hair while it was completely wet (not even towel dried). Although too much of this seems like it would break the hair (basically steams your hair because it's so wet), but it definitely comes out silky. Also, the process is that they part your hair, pull it taut, hold it with the vent brush, and then blow dry that piece without moving the brush. Not sure if I'm being clear, but they don't start running the brush through your hair until it's almost dry and flat from just holding the hair straight and drying it that way. HTH
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

No prob. Please let us know your results. I've simulated the holding taut technique and found that I put less stress on my hair and suffer less breakage. Hope it works out for.

Back