Naturals who wear headbands

alireno

I was just wondering what type of headbands you wear. I have a few Conair cotton headbands I love, but because they are cotton I only wear them maybe twice a week. What type of headbands do you wear and where did you get them from?

I rarely wear them because my hairline can't take it that often. I just got my hairline back into shape with surge and I don't want to mess it back up again.

However when I do wear a headband I wear the ouchless ones that I can get from walmart or target. They don't have any metal or plastic parts that can snag your hair.

HTH
smile.gif

I wear homemade headbands made from scarves or old stockings. I decorate my stocking headbands by threading them with huge beads. I just buy the very large beads and thread the stocking though them. I love the look of headbands. But I never wear them tightly or allow it to tightly pull back my hair.

Biyanna! That's a terrific idea. I'll keep that in mind when I visit Columbia Mall again. They have a HUGE selection of beads from this arts and crafts place. Thanks for the ideas!

I use a silk band off some old pj's or those belts people were wearing last year. I got them for 50 cents at beall's

I use the big ouchless bands by goodie, I dip them in oil for a second before I ut it on and no snags.... I also use brastrap bands that I get from target and claires

I use bra stra headbands. They're just like bra straps and the are adjustable like regular bra straps.

I resently purchased some metal ones w/coating on them for my natural girls from Icings aka After Thoughts. My girls have broken some of the plastic ones so it just a waste of money. They also have a few leather type ones as well. The plastics can be found just about store that has a hair care section. The leather ones I purchased from Walmart.

Though I'm not natural, I also have an assortment of stretchy band types. The ones by "[R] Accessory Co." resemble a popcorn and a snood type pattern, possibly made of satin ribbons, purchased from Value City. The other ones by Conair, Vidal Sassoon, and etc. purchased from Walmart, Kmart, etc. Materials unknown only the very narrow ones might possibly be made of a polyester or a satin like material.

i get mine from h and m and they are only 99p in there, they are kinda lacy and a real bargain at that price, i have them in many colours and love how i can accesorize with them, there's also some thin bra straps sold in clairs that i sometimes use

When you say yiu just got your hairline back into shape with Surge, was your hairline thinning Alot how long did it take b4 u saw a difference? I ask because my hairline mainly in the right side was practically bald.I have been using Surge for a month now and I can see the hairs growing in slowly but surely.

Back