Naturals who texlaxed

GettingKinky

So I've been transitioning to texlaed for 20 months now and I stretch 16 weeks between touchups. I barely loosen my curl (my stylist leaves it on for 10 minutes with no smoothing).

I was looking at my new growth this morning (9 weeks) and my little curlies made me think maybe I should go natural. On the other hand, the very first time I texlaxed we only left it on for 5 minutes and that part of my hair gets frizzy very easily and has no curl definition, so maybe I should just stick with what's working.

For ladies who went from natural to texlaxed I have a million questions but I'll just start with four.

• How long were you natural?
  • How straight did you go when you texlaxed?
  • Why did you do it?
  • Do you regret it or love it?

Last edited:
Bumping for you:)

I was natural for about 6yrs before texturizing. Initially my hair had a minimum curl pattern after texlaxing. I was lied to by my hair stylist, who said that texturizers weren't relaxers. I didnt do my research & she relaxed my hair. Initially I regretted it, but about 6mths later I was happy I relaxed.

However, eventually I may go natural. I like switching things up:) Have u ever been natural?

pelohello I haven't been natural since I was 10. I don't even know what my natural texture is like. I'm shocked that I can sometimes see littl curls since I didn't think I had a curl pattern. But that's probably because my mom brushed my hair every day.

Back