Naturals who style their TWAS

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
DO you have to comb your curls out to twist your hair or do you grab and twist it? I'm still learning how to handle my natural hair. I mainly wash n go now w. KCCC, but being able to not wet my hair daily in the cold Long Island winter would be my second goal.:yep:

I like to do two-strand twist and roller sets. I also get comb coils sometimes, they are all great protective styles and usually last 1.5-2 weeks.

When my hair was shorter I would do individual twists, now I just 2 strand flat twist sraight back and I save a ton of time and get a better set. I comb each section with a fine tooth comb before twisting (this is the only time I detangle and get the shed hairs) otherwise it would be knot city!:nono: I DC with AO HSR, use about a nickel size of HSR as a leave in and then moisturize with Shea Butter (I use a LOT). The comb glides through like butter and I'm done within an hour (cuz I'm slow lol). HTH!

i don't comb my hair, i just grab small sections and either finger coil or twist. right now i have been doing double strand twists and i'm going to continue throughout the winter into the spring. i wash, dc, and my leave-ins and then twist on damp hair. i detangle with my fingers when i shampoo and rinse out the dc. that's it for me and it is quite simple. i moisturize and seal twice a day. (i am moisture and oil obessed). i do this every week. wash day is on friday.

i don't comb my hair, i just grab small sections and either finger coil or twist. right now i have been doing double strand twists and i'm going to continue throughout the winter into the spring. i wash, dc, and my leave-ins and then twist on damp hair. i detangle with my fingers when i shampoo and rinse out the dc. that's it for me and it is quite simple. i moisturize and seal twice a day. (i am moisture and oil obessed). i do this every week. wash day is on friday.

I do something similar. I don't comb it but I do finger coils on wash day and just spritz my hair with condit. oil and water mix inbetween. :yep:

part it in sections with my fingers and brush with the denman, then twist it up into huge twists, probably 6 total. this is all done on wet hair so that it's perfectly dry in the morning.

I have style albums on my fotki. I hope they are of some help.

I don't like twists, coil outs, corn rows, twist outs, braid outs or high puffs...sooooo, clearly I had to start accessorizing, LOL! :lachen:

In my albums my hair was only 2.5 inches. So definitely TWA-land.

Back