Naturals Who Press 'n Curl OR FlatIron

Faith

How do you keep the straight look longer? I read somewhere on here where the poster advises tying a cotton scarf on in the shower underneath the shower cap so humidity doesn't affect the hair too much. What else can be done? Also What are you all using to moisturize? I figure a water based product would cause reversion but maybe not ???

I'm not totally decided on relaxing again(I order the DE but it hasn't gone through yet and I may cancel the order still). Since I'm not 100% on relaxing I'm going to hold off until I'm more sure either way.

I know my hair would be ok being blown out and flatironed occasionally BUT it doesn't take much to make me sweat (especially my scalp) so I would need a way to keep it straight for about a week or two.

All comments welcome :)

hi faith!

oh tsin den? (spelling!!!):)

Well I know that unlvgirl presses every 2-3 weeks or so and her hair is super long. maybe she'll bless us with her presence!

Marcel Curl Wax. I use a dab at the roots before flat ironing. Frizz-ease makes an anti reversion (moisture lock out???) product that I plan on trying next time. With the curl wax alone, I was able to take long showers with a shower cap on, run and work out without major reversion.

oh i forgot about kristina!

I really like John Frieda's serum, but when I use it with my maxi glide it smells like, death?!:eek:

Eiano said:
oh i forgot about kristina!

I really like John Frieda's serum, but when I use it with my maxi glide it smells like, death?!:eek:

Oh really?? I have yet to try it myself- I just heard of product. Does it cause a burning smell from the water in the product? I didn't know that- I might reconsider trying it because i hate gross smelling hair.
Additionally info-the marcel wax doesn't really smell like anything to me but you have to be careful not to put too much because it is grease so it'll make your hair greasy.
I personally find that pressing cremes make the hair straighten but do little to stop reversion.

alexei said:
lol @ Eiano,
Thanks for that info kristina, your hair is gorgeous by the way.
Checking out now...
Thanks!
I hope this thread gets more responses from anti-reversion experts.

Well, I press my hair every three weeks, and I use Ultra Sheen to press, and to keep my hair straight, I constantly wrap and put a dab of jojoba oil at night.

pet said:
Well, I press my hair every three weeks, and I use Ultra Sheen to press, and to keep my hair straight, I constantly wrap and put a dab of jojoba oil at night.

Is that UltraSheen Satin Creme Press? I have two jars if you ever want to buy or trade. I didn't like it. The smell got on my nerves.

Eiano said:
hi faith!

oh tsin den? (spelling!!!):)

Well I know that unlvgirl presses every 2-3 weeks or so and her hair is super long. maybe she'll bless us with her presence!
I'm Ga. But I knew what you meant..lol. I'm fine. You?

Thanks for all the replies ladies. I'm still undecided. I'm leaning towards relaxing though...sigh. With 3-4" growth I need to do something I guess..lol.

When I flat iron, at night I put a little aveda anti-humectant on my roots and ends, sometimes I put castor oil on the ends and tuck the ends up before wrapping and going to sleep. My presses usually last about 2 weeks. They probably could last longer but I always end up washing it out earlier then I intend.

When I flat iron, at night I put a little aveda anti-humectant on my roots and ends, sometimes I put castor oil on the ends and tuck the ends up before wrapping and going to sleep. My presses usually last about 2 weeks. They probably could last longer but I always end up washing it out earlier then I intend.

Back