Naturals who permanent color their hair...

sunnygirl

Sunnygirl
I would like to know from the naturals who color, particularly those who go lighter, what has been the result? Does your hair seem the same or dryer?

Do you have any regrets coloring, or, are you happy w/the results?

Thanks,

I would like to know from the naturals who color, particularly those who go lighter, what has been the result? Does your hair seem the same or dryer?
Damaged hair and dry rough ends. I used T&T Bronze twice.
Dryer. It didn’t matter that I was conditioning weekly, my ends were always dry and rough.

Regrets. The first time I did a 2nd BC to get rid of the colour. 2nd time I cut it out gradually. I can say that I’ll never use another perm colour again. My hair just cant handle it.

sunnygirl said:

Thanks,

My hair is dryer, but I've kept damage in check for the most part by upping my use of protein conditioners. I use a heavy-duty one once a week, and will supplement with medium-duty ones during the week when I feel my hair needs it. (depending on weather, damage from swimming, working out, etc.)

I use Suave Citrus Smoothie conditioner as a finishing rinse whenever I wash or rinse my hair because it has milk protein, a light protein that gives my hair a silky finish.

I love my hair color and will do it again, now that I know how to treat it.

i bleach my hair however it is a task time consuming and you need a lot of protein and moisturising conditioner that is why i keep my hair natural cause i love color and color and relaxing don't mix however this time i mixed 1 part mizani and2 parts conditioner so far so good i didn't want straight just a slightly looser curljb

Bumping for Sunnygirl!

SG, We must both be of like minds. I want color too, but I am a little scurred.
Hope you get lots of responses.

sunnygirl said:

Thanks,
Hi Sunnygirl,
I really like color but I do think that you have to be committed to conditioning alot. The areas where bleach was used in my hair is a different texture (straighter) and prone to tangles. I will not do that again! I am trying to wear more buns and condition more. Otherwise, no regrets.

Destinee said:
Damaged hair and dry rough ends. I used T&T Bronze twice.
Dryer. It didn’t matter that I was conditioning weekly, my ends were always dry and rough.

Regrets. The first time I did a 2nd BC to get rid of the colour. 2nd time I cut it out gradually. I can say that I’ll never use another perm colour again. My hair just cant handle it.

I'm sorry to hear that Destinee. That color looked so pretty on you. (I peek at your album occasionally). You actually had me wanting to try the T&T Bronze, but now I'm scared. :-(

Unfortunately, my hair was damaged and dry (which caused breakage) from permanent colors. I don't think I'll use them again.

Back