Naturals who have highlights or color please come in. Help me, please.

Hey ladies,
I just got home, I'm going to do a Kiss Express Jet Black rinse instead. I called the lady who I was to meet with today for the color and canceled.

I will do a DC and a protein treatment also with the rinse. Along with you guys and some friends, they said I can experiment with colored weave and see how I feel first. I think that's best. I'm soooooo glad I consulted with yall first, yall dont even know how much.

How did the rinse come out for you? I'm thinking of getting one! I'm afraid of any sort of heat/chemicals!:ohwell:

Miteychick, no, she doesn't work at Aveda she's my friend's mom whom I've seen her do great work, so I thought going for a consult with her would be a great idea. why specifically Aveda though?

I don't colour, but my friend does. Aveda is the only dye that doesn't eat her hair up. She's of medium thickness and colours twice a year. HTH.
I think going with the rinse is a good idea.

How did the rinse come out for you? I'm thinking of getting one! I'm afraid of any sort of heat/chemicals!:ohwell:

I think it turned out very well. I actually moisturized, oiled and bunned it so it doesnt look too special right now. I have a turquoise thin headband I used to jazz up my bun. I didn't take pics, but I think it turned out dark enough. I guess I'll be more able to tell when I do another style or straighten. I don't plan to straighten until like May 20th

I've been coloring since October.

I protein treatment before and do a moisturize treatment after. I also use KeraCare for Color Treated Hair to cowash, so I think that helps some.

I haven't had any adverse affects at all to coloring...good luck!

I'm a colored natural. I've had no issues at all. I just make sure to not abuse heat, I flat iron once every couple months, other than that it's all about braidouts, twistouts and wash-n-gos. I also keep my hair moisturized.

Back