Naturals who cowash daily...

Phoenix14

What do you do with your hair at night? I wore a ponytail yesterday after cowashing my hair but at night its still HUGE. I look like a conehead after I put my scarf over it...what should I do?

Not sure if this will answer your question (I had the same cone situation happening this morning) but I cowash in the morning. At night I just spritz and seal with some castor oil and wrap it up. That way whatever it looks like in the morning - I can alter with the cowash. Sounds like you have SIGNIFICANTLY more hair than I do (cause you can put it in a ponytail) and that may not work for your schedule. But it was worth a shot :)

If I'm going to be braiding it up at night I'm going to have to wet it again right? I'll give it a shot and let you know.

When I was cowashing daily, I would put it into two flat twists going down either side of my head - easy, and kept my hair 'flat'.

I think, though, that what you do with it that night should be mainly influenced by what style you want to wear it in the next morning.....

nothing, i either sleep on a satin pillowcase and sheets or i might just put on a satin cap. but my hair would be dry by the time i went to sleep. that is all.

I spray my hair with Sta Sof Fro and I put my hair in a ponytail and put on a plastic cap and a satin. When I wake up in the morning my hair is moisturized and easier to detangle during my daily co-wash.

So what are you guys doing with your hair if you're cowashing everyday? Are you styling it everyday, is this not too much munipulation?

I mix a bit of aloe vera moisture mist detangler with my creamy leave-in and seal with a very little bit of oil (warm weather) or butter (cold weather) pull back and secure tightly with an elastic band and braid in one braid. I put on a silk or satin scarf and my hair is flat come morning -- no poufiness or puffiness. In the morning, I bun.

Last edited:
Usually nothing. Once in a while if, I do it before I get sleepy I'll wet it and put it in two cornrows. But I know nothing of 2nd day hair...what's that??
I can't do anything with my hair unless I thoroughly wet it down in the shower first...so I just cowash it every morning and style from there.

nothing, i either sleep on a satin pillowcase and sheets or i might just put on a satin cap. but my hair would be dry by the time i went to sleep. that is all.

same hair. I usually wake my hair up by washing it or spritzing water on it.

I bun, and sleep on a satin pillowcase.

So what are you guys doing with your hair if you're cowashing everyday? Are you styling it everyday, is this not too much munipulation?

I don't do much as far as styling. In the shower, after I co-wash, I put my hair into a bun or a puff. No real manipulation.

If I wore it out, then I braid or bun it, put on a scarf and go to bed.
If I wore it in a bun or braid, then I take any hair jewelry, scrunchies, etc out, scarf it and go to bed.

I detangle at night only sometimes. I try not to wet my hair at night. I usually will have my hair in a ponytail anyway. I braid it and go to sleep. In the morning I'll take out the braid, co-wash and put it up in a bun again.

I am hiding my hair so the back is in braids and the front in flat twists.

I usually take my 3/4 wig off before 9:00 pm so that most of the moisture is gone by the time I get into bed.

Although, I am noticing my hair is getting thicker so my braids are taking a lot longer to dry of late, may need to switch that time closer to 8:30.

Back