Naturals Who Blow Dry...I'm Looking For A New Product

TwistNMx

I blow dry my hair about every 3 months to see length and trim.
MY hair sucks up everything under the sun. I've used several different products but still it turns out dry as a bone.

Can anyone please share with me what product works best for you in keeping it moist and soft when you blow dry your hair? Also if you'd like, please share with me all the reasons why you like the product.

Thanks a lot. :yep:
HP

I like to use a little ORS Olive oil lotion in the bottle on each section. It keeps my hair soft and moisturized. I also put a little on before I flat iron.

Bumping...

Sorry you aren't getting any responses. I think maybe not a lot of people are blowdrying. I think most are rollersetting and wrapping to get the straight look.....or flat ironing.

I don't blow dry so I'm no help....but I'm sure someone out there does.....

ETA....oops, I meant to post this in your most recent thread.

Thank you for your replies.

kinchen, I heard about Carol's Daughter. My hair is not relaxed though, I'm natural. Thanks for your comment. Maybe it will work when blowdrying? :yep:

HeatSeeker, Thanks for your reply. I can get that at Sallys. I will take it into consideration. :yep:

Pokahontas,:yep: yes I believe it's true about the blowdrying. Perhaps you are right. Thanks for your comment.

My hair behaves the same way you said yours does. I believe once, ONCE I got a soft, moisturised blowdry. I used... SCurl, and a good amount of it. I couldn't figure out why I couldn't get another blow dry like it, I guess I was near the end of the bottle, and had to use it more sparingly. I'm glad you asked this, next time I blowdry, I'm gonna use this.
Even though I'm on no heat. :rolleyes:

i wasnt natural at the time but i had alot of newgrowth like 3+ inches. i used hawiian silky and i blew out my hair. i wasnt trying to get it straight just to stretch out my hair to make a really sleek bun. that was the second best home blow out i had.

I don't blow dry often but when I do, I wash my hair and then I section it off and put in Elasta QP Mango butter on it then I braid it up or seperate it some how.

Then I let it airdry like 80% so I won't have to use the blow drier long.

Then I take down one braid at time and distribute Mango butter again, making sure to get the ends and then I blow dry.

I tried other products like Heat It UP heat protectant but that made my hair crunchy.

The Mango Butter keeps it soft and plus it smells good and not greasy, a little goes a long way.

I blowdry my hair every 2 weeks. I use got2be crazysleek hot smooth flat iron & blowdry lotion.

Last edited:
When I straighten my hair I use Jane Carter's Nourish and Shine to keep my hair soft and moisturized. Shea butter works as well but its thicker and has the tendency to weigh hair down. But with my hair beign weighed down aint all bad.

Back