Naturals:When did you fall in love with your hair!?!?

when i realized i didn't like the look of my flat ironed hair, i guess i fell out of love with straight hair.

I recently did my BC on 7/25/2010 after transitioning for almost 10 months. At first sight it was a good feeling not to have the permed ends. Days later I started to doubt that I can rock my natural hair because my hair felt sooo dry. My hair did not hold the moisture and by mid day felt like a brillo pad :nono: :nono:

After experimenting with different products, I found some that keeps my hair soft. So, now I can honestly say that I am in love with my hair. I look in the mirror all the time and just smile. I get more compliments on my hair, which is nice, but I have an attitude within that loves it no matter if I am the only one that does. This may sound crazy but I feel sexier and my hair makes me feel exotic.

When I stopped being able to afford getting braids, because I was insecure about wearing my afro out the first year. I love my hair now. Can't imagine going back to a relaxer, and I'm afraid to heat straighten too.

I first started loving my natural hair a few months into my transition. I started literally hating the stupid scraggly relaxed. I BC'ed on July 17th, loved my hair then, but with a little practice and an awesome twistout a few days ago I fell in love with my hair all over again.

I'm relaxed...but most likely transitioning lol I love my NG! Its much softer than my relaxed hair! :D

Back