Naturals - What products do you use for moisture?

classimami713 said:
KOSBP is VERY hard to find in stores, but if you have an National Wholesale Liquidator near you, they carry it for 4.99. I know, I ordered it from kemilabs when I couldn't find it (I recently moved) and it cost $11.00 with shipping :eek: But it's that good!

I know where one is. Thanks girl. I was just about to order it off the website. But knowing me and this bad weather we are about to have, I'll probably order it online :D

Dont have a problem with dry hair.

I think it is because my poo bar has honey in it (natural humectant) so my hair is attracting moisture all day. So you might want to look for shampoos and conditioners that work that way.

I also use shealoe (shea butter mixed with aloe vera) so again my hair feels moist for about 48 hours at a time.

I'm not natural yet but I rediscovered Always Instant Oil Moisturizer. It's creamy and has no mineral oil or petrolatum. I used it during my last transition and when I was natural and I love it. It leave my hair moisturized and soft without feeling heavy or weighed down. It's pretty easy to find. Most BSS carry it.

Better late than never huh :p

I have VERY THICK LONG DRY hair! So I feel your pain! :) I moisturize my hair before bedtime, when I wake up and occasionally when I get home from work. Of course, it starts to build up, but when I didn't moisturize this much my hair would break off very badly. Some products I use: Clairol's Texture & Tones, Soft Sheen Carlson's Optiumum Oil Therapy (Dry Hair Healer); Daily Defense Tender Apple Con. I also mix a lot of different products to get the right mixture of moisture for me (911, Moisture Aide, Woojee, jojoba oil, other oils mixed in a bottle for a leave-in). It takes alot of experimenting. Not everything works. Something as simple as adding Aloe Vera to your moisturizer helps a lot too. Also, clarifying the hair with Herbal Essence Fruit Passions every now and then works wonders. My hair always looks really good and healthy after I clarify it.

:antlers:

Last edited:
CaramelHonee
I can totally relate to the dry hair thing- my hair feels like a brillo pad 2 days after I wash and most of the products mentioned that i've tried don't do anything to soften my hair's dryness- they just sit on top of the dryness. I recently bought s-curl afro softener and I really really like it.

I've been using the Oyin Whipped Pudding and Greg Juice for the past three days (at night mainly) and my hair feels SOOO much softer.

pookeylou said:
Dont have a problem with dry hair.

I think it is because my poo bar has honey in it (natural humectant) so my hair is attracting moisture all day. So you might want to look for shampoos and conditioners that work that way.

I also use shealoe (shea butter mixed with aloe vera) so again my hair feels moist for about 48 hours at a time.

I recommend this too ....

I put aloe on my hair and the seal it in with the shea.. on damp hair ... it does wonders....

good luck!

Back