Naturals: What is your reggie for straight hair?

Mwenye_Heri

I am actually getting my hair blown out today by the ethiopians, and I wanted to know what products do you us for straight hair. PRE LHCF, I would have put some Luster's Pink and KIM. But I now know that it is crap and need something to keep it moisturized and conditioned without weighing it down and reverting it back.

TIA!!:grin:

I saw no one had replied to this, so I figured I'd help out.

Straightening for me can be a chore, that's why I dont do it often but when I do, I want to make sure it's nice to squash the 'natural hair cant get straight' haters I have in my life.

I think technique and product are key. I use a blowdryer with an attachment, Vidal Sassoon ionic and a tool science flat iron on 370. I think the more heat I use, the thinner my hair looks. I deep condition, shampoo and condition again. I have a spray mix of moisturizers which include shea butter, a little conditioner, olive oil, and coconut oil and water. It's more parts water. I spray while wet and massage it in. After I apply heat protectant, I blow dry in the downwards direction and relative to my part with my hair parted in two horizontally.

I apply a little more heat protectant after, for the flat iron's sake. I do two or three passes on small sections and then I wrap my hair in saran wrap. I sit under the the dry for 15 min and then unwrap. I can style and go or wrap it back up with my silk scarf for extra smoothness.
It works for me everytime

I use a modified Ateyaaa reggie. I wash with WEN, DC with Aphogee 2 min, rinse and put in 2 ponys to airdry when its almost dry I use Aphogee reconstructive spray, Atone Foam wrap lotion, Aphogee leave-in and chi silk infusion I then leave to airdry. I flat iron with FHI at 190 C and a straightening brush. I maintain with EVOO, works great for me....

Back