Naturals, what is your fav liquid moisturizing leave-in spray?

soslychic

I know that alot of natural 3's-4's prefer the creams and I like to use those too but in conjunction with some sort of leave in spray. My hair seems to respond well to those too.

So what spray (commercial, not a conditioner mixed with water) do you use, if any, that moisturizes, softens, and maybe adds some shine? Do you use it on wet or dry hair?

I like Grandma's Secret Recipe. It's one of the few leave-in sprays that doesn't get hard as it dries on my hair. Right now I'm using it on the days I don't have time to do a cond. wash. I wet my hair with it and then apply the rest of my products.

yhst-2519492840586_1800_22794558.jpg

I like Africa's Best hair and scalp spray. I've tried a few others but this is the only one that leaves me soft, moist hair without any greasiness or stickiness.

African-Gold-Hair-&-Scalp-S.jpg

[ QUOTE ]
Divastate said:
I like Africa's Best hair and scalp spray. I've tried a few others but this is the only one that leaves me soft, moist hair without any greasiness or stickiness.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds interesting. Would you mind posting the first few ingredients for me?

[ QUOTE ]
soslychic said:
[ QUOTE ]
Divastate said:

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds interesting. Would you mind posting the first few ingredients for me?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure!

African Gold Hair & Scalp Spray Conditioner
A special formulation of African botanical ingredients that strengthen hair, stop breakage and split-ends and add a natural shine. An ideal moisturiser for hair and scalp, its special non-greasy formula soothes the scalp and is ideal after any chemical treatments and for the whole family. For best results use daily. Spray a small amount into the hair as needed. Massage into scalp. Style as usual.

Ingredients: Water, Glycerin, Dimethicone Copolyol, Polyquatermium-11, Panthenol, Glycol, Silk Amino Acids, Acacia Senegal Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Gel, Matricaria (Chamomilla recutita) Extract, Clove (Eugenia caryophyllus) Extract, Coconut (Cocos nucifera) Extract, Coneflower (Echinacea purpurea) Extract, White Ginger (Hedychium coronarium) Extract, Hydrocotyl (Centella asiatica) Extract, Apricot (Prunus armeniaca) Extract, Kola (Cola acuminata) Extract, Lemongrass (Cymbopogon schoenanthus) Extract, Licorice (Glycyrrhizza glabra) Extract, Myrrh (Commiphora myrrha) Extract, Henna (Lawsonia inermis) Extract, Nutmeg (Myristica fragrans) Extract, Papaya (carica papaya) Extract, Quillaja Saponaria Extract

I tried a couple of other spray ins recently thinking any sort of braid spray should be the same but they weren't! Plus this stuff has a nice light scent which isn't overpowering at all. Let me know if you try it- I'm curious if everyone's hair will react as nicely as my family's hair has reacted to this (I've been using it for a few months and it is now a staple I won't be letting go of).

I use Fantasia IC Leave-in Moisturizer Hair and Scalp Treatment for extra dry hair formula wiht Aloe. It's not heavy at all.

most definitely African royale daily doctor!!! /images/graemlins/notworthy.gif this is absolutely the best liquid leave in ive ever tried in my life. I stopped using it for a while because i was going through a creamy leave ins phase for a few months but now its back in full rotation.

My absolute favorite would be Biolage Leave-in Tonic but I've been trying not to spend that kind of money so I use Pantene's Damage Control Treatment and it's great b/c it has Silk Proteins right at the top of the list. Pantene Conditioning Spray, Frizz Control Treatment, and Light Spray Detangler are also good. I use the Pantene in addition to Suave Awapuhi (creamy leave-in) every day.

Thanks you so much Divastate!

Now it's a toss up between the Africa's Best Hair and Scalp Spray and African Royale's Daily Doctor /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Solys actually I used the Daily Doctor years ago and i want to swear it reminds me of the African Gold. If i get a chance to try it out I'll be sure to let you know.

I've been looking for the Pantene spray in walmart but for some reason they don't carry it

I purchased the Daily Doctor and I'm really loving it on dry hair. When I used it on wet hair it didn't do much of anything so I'm still searching for something that I can use on wet hair that will still leave it's effects after dry. But I do like the Daily Doctor and I think it's a keeper. Thanks to all of your suggetions /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I prefer creams, but I have use Pantene's Light Spray Detangler which was ok. The smell was a bit much for me. I've also use V05's Detangle and Shine which was great. It smells really good and works.

I use Pantene Leave-in sprays... they're moisturizing and they smell great. Sometimes I pour a little infusium in em. Now that I'm in braids, I'm also using African Royale Daily Doctor leave-in spray. It smells great and adds a lot of sheen.

edit: mkstar826, your hair looks wonderful /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I used to use Motions Nourish, but my hair started to not like it and I moved onto creamy leave ins (like Salerm /images/graemlins/love.gif ).

[ QUOTE ]
Sweetyb said:

edit: mkstar826, your hair looks wonderful /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
New person to stalk!!! /images/graemlins/clap.gif

Yes, I am bumping this thread that I posted 8 YEARS AGO! Any new suggestions out there? Preferably liquid leave-in's that smell good? :)

Back