NATURALS!! What do u put on your hair to help blow dry it straight?

I don't put anything on my hair before I blowdry but I part in down the middle and put it in two ponytails, smooth the roots flat, let it airydry like that four 20-30mins and then blowdry. I use ION heat protectant when I blowdry though.

There were a few things I used that worked when I was natural:

Loreal Blow Straight about $2.99 at CVS/Walgreens or Rite Aid
Aveda Straightening Marshmellow Root Lotion (left my hair silky straight but dry)

The best thing I ever used was Redken Smooth Down (Shampoo and Conditioner) and Redken Blow Dry Smooth Down lotion.

The second best was Paul Mitchell Silky Straight (Shampoo and Conditioner) followed by the Silky Straight Serum for blow drying and flat ironing.

If you can't afford the Redken or Paul Mitchell, then try the Loreal line because it's great. It's in a hot pink bottle and it smells wonderful. I still use it now but I mix it with a little oil to avoid dryness. My hair comes out shaky and light (but I'm now texlaxed)

I just use a little hair milk, some breakage defense by Cantu, and ApHogee leave in. The most important thing for me to get it straight is my method. After I wash and condition I put the wet hair into like 4 or 5 twists then sit under the dryer for about 30-45 minutes until hair is dry to nearly dry. This helps to get the roots straight and saves my arms. Then I just blow it out. If i need the roots super straight I'll put a neck wrap along my edges, or do a wrap and then apply the neck wrap, but then I have to sit under the ddryer for longer.

lana said:
The best thing I ever used was Redken Smooth Down (Shampoo and Conditioner) and Redken Blow Dry Smooth Down lotion.

ditto. i don't normally blow-dry my hair straight, usually airdry in braids and flat iron. but, my stylist used the Redken products to blowdry my hair straight and i was pleasantly surprised by how well it worked. it wasn't like salon-finish swingy and bouncy, but she wasn't really trying since she knew she was gonna flat iron anyway. it was straight though... i'd recommend it to anyone :grin:

While my hair is wet...more than damp but not dripping, I coat my hair with some Fantasia IC heat protectant (from Sallys). Then I like to do 4 cornrows and let it dry for a few hours and then I blowdry it with a comb attachment. It comes out silky and shiny for flat ironing.

Right now my hair is on a low heat diet but when I do blowdry I use Chi Silk Infusion or Blended Beauty Straightening Glaze.

I am not a natural yet but I use nothing. Just divide it up and blow dry it on low heat. I focus more on the roots because my bulky flat iron works wonders on my hair but not my roots that well. However, when I am natural I can't wear my hair straight anyway unless its winter, I am not working out, and its a perfect world...I sweat in my hair profusely so straightening it is only for that day...

Back