Naturals...what are the best products to use to blowdry your hair

hervirtue

Hi ladies, with the weather getting a lot colder and with me being pregnant I am not in the mood to do the whole "wash my hair, put in big twists and wait half the day for my hair to dry to do my regular twists." So I want to try and blow dry my hair on a cool setting and then do my twists, but I'm very afraid of heat damage. What are the best products to put on my hair once I've finished conditioning it to blow dry it?

TIA!!

I LOVE macadamia nut oil. Smells so yummy. Coconut oil is really nice too. But yea use a good heat protectant and light moisterizer.

Leave In: Aphogee Pro Vitamin Leave In or Aphogee Keratin and Green Tea Spray

Heat Protectant: Beyond the Zone Heat Protectant

I use MorroconOil- oil treatment right before I blow dry. A teeny amount is all that's needed. It makes your hair really soft and helps your hair dry faster. Even if it didn't do anything, I would probably use it for the smell alone. It's seriously the best smelling hair product I've ever used. A bottle of this stuff will set you back a bit, but it will last you a VERY long time.

I personally don't use heat protection. And since you're blow drying on a cool setting you really don't need to worry.

Organix Vanilla Silk Blow Dry Cream. It smells yummy and leaves your hair so soft and silky. The texture is sort of like a cross between a cream and a serum. The first ingredient is propylene glycol so it's pretty intense on the smoothing and moisturizing. I've tried quite a few blow drying products over the years --various John Frieda products, Giovanni, Pantene, Phytodefrisant, random ones probably no one has heard of--and this is by far my favorite :yep:

I use Aphogee Pro Vitamin leave in.... Im liking the Aphogee green tea/ Keratin mist too so I may try that

I use nexuss heat protectant

I usually avoid oil esp if I know im going to straighten after. I just find its better if I add oils later

For any sort of heating, I don't use oil. If heated too much, water boils and can damage the strand. Imagine using oil, then? That would be like frying the hair! Maybe oil once I'm done, but not before.

I'm going cone-free, so I use the Living Proof - No Frizz line as a heat protectant.

I'd use my Qhemet Alma & Olive Heavy Cream and a heat protectant and blow dry on low using the tension method or at the very least in sections....maybe medium heat but no mas....

I'd probably do some preping weeks prior to doing this like with a protein treatment followed by days/a week of adequate moisture.

Can you tell that I'm also paranoid about heat damage. I've already decided that this year I'm only using a blowdryer (results of my siggy) to straighten, no flat irons or pressing combs just yet. Baby steps ladies, baby steps.....

Thanks so much for the replies ladies! I'm going to do my hair this weekend so I'll follow up with you all on Monday and let you know how it goes.

Back