Naturals try Tousle me Softly for twist outs (pics inside)

My hair knots up something fierce when I try to do twist outs.:nono: How do you preserve your style to get it to last? Your hair looks so gorgeous. I just want to be able to do the same thing.:sad:

actually before i run out and get this i will try it with ORS smooth and shine pudding since i already have a jar of that.

very pretty! i've been eyeing this product and now that ive seen a good review i will be purchasing and using it for my twistouts and braidouts. thanks :)

My hair knots up something fierce when I try to do twist outs.:nono: How do you preserve your style to get it to last? Your hair looks so gorgeous. I just want to be able to do the same thing.:sad:

I think I read in the OP that she adds more of the product and re-twists each night doing 10 twists instead of the original 20.

really? that jar full of chemicals didn't leave your hair hard? i tried it on dry hair to slick mine back and it was hard and dry. haven't tried it on freshly washed hair though.

Tonight I have been to cvs walgreens and rite aid and they didn't have it. I am so tired of not being able to find stuff. I am at target and hope I can find it. If not I will have to miss out.

I just retwist my hair at night in large twists to preserve the style. I will sleep with a satin bonnet or just sleep or on a satin pillow

really? that jar full of chemicals didn't leave your hair hard? i tried it on dry hair to slick mine back and it was hard and dry. haven't tried it on freshly washed hair though.

no i think becuase it is wet? but I only put a very small amount as needed on the twists for second day hair.

I just wanted to give an update on this product. For me it gave great definition but the downside is that it made my hair kind of hard. You may want to throw in a moisturizing product right under this which is what I did. Also you don't need a ton of this stuff. Overall I'd give it a 6 out of 10.

I just wanted to give an update on this product. For me it gave great definition but the downside is that it made my hair kind of hard. You may want to throw in a moisturizing product right under this which is what I did. Also you don't need a ton of this stuff. Overall I'd give it a 6 out of 10.

I'm having the same problem....It's really rough feeling and dry, but it made my braidout LOOK good...my hair just didn't feel good....but I do love the smell..maybe next time I'll try it on wet hair and not use so much....:sad:

ETA: Would like to add that it's possible that my relaxed ends didn't like it...will revisit when I'm fully natural...

Likely you will have to play around with it Phoenix. I am going to try leaving some Wen on my hair next time. What products do you currently use?

i did the twist out last night using kbb hair milk and mj curly meringue. my hair is so soft and defined and i love that stuff. my twist out turned out really nice to the point wear i think ive mastered it, took long enough.
its a little frizzy now because i fluffed it too much but i love the style. and tonight i will retwist. i dont know if i want to retwist with curly meringue or afroveda hemp butter.

i know this thread is about the he tms but i love the way your hair turned out and wanted to try it.

Likely you will have to play around with it Phoenix. I am going to try leaving some Wen on my hair next time. What products do you currently use?

Um...water? and whatever V05 conditioner I have around. Or HE LTR or rarely Taaliah Waajid Protective Mist Bodifier.

I tried it last night.

I washed, but only used an instant conditioner. Put my Coco-cream leave in in while it was really wet. Then used the HE on each twist

I have never had a twist out that ended up with defined curls, so that's a win. My hair is not hard. 2.88 well spent. Thanks OP.

i did the twist out last night using kbb hair milk and mj curly meringue. my hair is so soft and defined and i love that stuff. my twist out turned out really nice to the point wear i think ive mastered it, took long enough.
its a little frizzy now because i fluffed it too much but i love the style. and tonight i will retwist. i dont know if i want to retwist with curly meringue or afroveda hemp butter.

i know this thread is about the he tms but i love the way your hair turned out and wanted to try it.

Oh, if you have pictures, I would love to see them. :yep:

Ok I am a certified PJ thanks to this forum...I looked it up online...and I said hum that looks familiar...I have a full unused jar in the bathroom....I am trying this over the weekend for sure

It smells yummy

My best twist outs for my 4a 3c hair is from using Tousle me Softly Finishing Touch Cream.

I use it on wet hair after I co wash and do about 20 two strand twists. For second day hair I reapply a small amont on dry hair and retwist in larger sections about 10 twists. and go to bed. This gives m hair shine and a tight curl for second & third day hair. (click for larger view)
View attachment 66668 (second day hair)

View attachment 66670 (second day hair)

View attachment 66672 (third day hair)

By the way I love this stuff you can buy it anywhere from Ulta to Walgreens and it only costs $5.99. I use about two to three jars of this stuff a month. It smells great and is cheaper than Kinky curly and Curly Pudding yet yields the same results.

Thanks for posting about this product. I was in ulta to restock on my HE LTR and decided to go ahead and pick up the tousle me. I'm not natural, but this is the best product I've used this far that's given me great results with my braidouts on my relaxed hair. I can't wait to try this on my Bantu knots & and twistouts.

Back