Naturals-Try dry hair conditioningwith heat!

AstroQueen77

My hair is totally different! I was thinking of crawling back to the creamy crack if I didnt find somthing to manage my hair soon. I dry conditioned with Miss Keys 10 en 1...usually when I wet condition, my hair takes it as a hard protein conditioner, but after applying it and sitting under an ionic dryer for about 20 mins, my hair was so soft. I rinsed and apply Lacio Lacio and sat under the dryer again to set. WOW! Its very moisturized, but not in a mushy way, yet strong...and I havent had any breakage the way I usually do when I wash and condition. Now I didnt shampoo after rinsing the conditioner, ill try that next week and see how it goes.

I did it last night and at least once a week, especially with cholesterol. My hair always turns out nice these days, but when I apply conditioner on dry hair and let it stay on 30 minutes or so or get under the heat cap, it just comes out silkier and softer. It might just be the conditioner coating my hair on top of the leave-in and butter I used to seal the night before, but, what the heck, I love how my hair feels when I do this and I wash on Saturday and Wednesday nights and clarify once a week anyway.

Re: Naturals-Try dry hair conditioning with heat!

This works great. It makes things easier. I used to do this when I was relaxed too. Well, I'm transitioning, so some of my hair still has relaxed ends.

I've been dry-deep-condition for years--I love it! Since January or so I've been trying something different to try to get more moisture/strength into my hair. I do a dry deep-conditioner, then wash with shampoo at the sink; then I deep condition again, then rinse it out in the shower; I follow that with a rinse-out conditioner. A ton of steps, but I can tell the difference since I started doing it this way.

I've been trying to figure out where to add heat to the equation. I think I have low porosity, and one of the ladies here recommended heat while deep conditioning to lift the cuticle to let the moisture in.

Hrrrm. I've been thinking about scooping up one of those bonnet type hairdryers for this very thing....... esp. since they are on sale at the Evil Empire....... hrrrrmmmmm. :look: And DH is going out of town, too? :sekret: shhoooootttt.

Im not natural.......but yes this is great for my new growth........with some steam is even better!

Lemme get this straight. Do you apply the conditioner to dry CLEAN hair and then sit under the dryer without a plastic cap? :shocked:

Back