naturals/TRANSITIONERS

sound

What leave in do you use that makes your braid-outs, twist-outs, Bantu knots or whatever style you wear pop?!

My natural hair LOVES Shea Aloe or End All balm, but the relaxed ends don't seem to like it much.

I'm still on the hunt to finding that thick, creamy leave in.

oh by the way...
I've been transitioning since Jan; I'm a 4a with 3c in the crown and nape

Well i'm new to the board but i've been transitioning since april. I havent worn a braid out since before my mini chop in august (My fotki link is in my profile). But i would like to know what products would make a braid out pop too. I've been wanting to do one but when i do it doesnt look right anymore.

So far from what i can tell is that my natural hair loves mango butter and ors olive oil. I'm still looking for a good leave in also. I've heard about giovanni's direct leave in but i havent been able to find it.

You know, I am not sure what you would use on the relaxed ends to keep them bonded, but jamaican mango and lime is a good gel. I have also used aloe vera gel and ECO when doing braids or twists.

I use a mixture of IC Fantasia Gel and curl wax for my twist outs. I moisturize before using this mix. It works well on my hair. I use about 2 parts gel 1 part wax.

just a tip you might make your titles more specific in the future to get more responses, sometimes that helps

I've recently started using Cantu shea butter leave-in cream. It reduces my frizz, and makes my curls/waves pop when I do braidouts :yep:. If it keeps working as well as it has these last few weeks I will add it to my product staples along with Garnier Fructis curl and shine leave-in (which works really great as well--I use the Garnier and Cantu together).

I don't use a leave-in with my braidouts, but I do use a magnetic roller on the end of each braid to blend my straightened ends.

I use my own special mix of shea butter, beeswax, curl activator and mango oil. I got the recipe from the thread in the hair recipe thread for homemade miss jessie curly pudding.

What leave in do you use that makes your braid-outs, twist-outs, Bantu knots or whatever style you wear pop?!

My natural hair LOVES Shea Aloe or End All balm, but the relaxed ends don't seem to like it much.

I'm still on the hunt to finding that thick, creamy leave in.

oh by the way...
I've been transitioning since Jan; I'm a 4a with 3c in the crown and nape

For me a good twistout/braidout/bantu knots begin with the product you use to get the style in the first place. Such as for excellent twistouts/braidouts I use a non water based product to twist or braid my hair and the day before the twistout or braidout I do a conditioner wash. This really seems to seal the deal for a long lasting twistout/braid out. Same thing with china bumps :)

honestly, i sorta rotate products.

eco protein gel has become my favorite lately when i do use a gel, fantasia ic (green) or la looks (blue) <--- all used with vo5 under them.

sometimes i'll mix a bit of an oil to a gel if it seems like it'll be too firm a hold or feels to sticky.

BUT my best twistouts and braidouts come from twists or plaits that have been worn for 2 or more days and allowed to air dry naturally. actually 5-7 days of wear give a really loong lasting, extremely well definited out-style.

hth

Back