Naturals/transitioners...how much conditioner do you use?

Austro-Afrikana

I use AOHSR and if I use it by itself I end up using the whole bottle or more!! :nono:

These days I use half a bottle and mix it with yogurt and honey to stretch it but I would love to use it on its own. Do you manage to make a bottle last more than one session, without mixing? If so, how? Otherwise what do YOU add to your conditioners to stretch them?

too much ... :grin:
I go through almost 3 bottles a week of HE Hydralicious.. smh
but.. if I put them in applicator bottles for some reason I seem to use less and they last longer ..

I can go through a V05 conditioner bottle (I use as a rinse-out conditioner) in about 4-5 washes. My thicker conditioners last maybe 3-4 washes depending on their size. I don't usually add anything to mine.

The $25 bottle of Nexxus Humectress I can finish in a little less than a month. My DD is using it as well but as you can see in my siggie she doesn't have much hair. I go through the big bottle of HE Hello Hydration in about 2 weeks time. Once again, sharing with DD but not as much. When I dc with AOHSR I use it in about 2 washes with me struggling to get the rest out for the 3rd.

DH saw me in the shower yesterday and said "My god that's alot of conditioner you use!" lol

For my pre-poo, I use about a half a cup of Garnier Fructis. But for my regular moisturizing conditioner, I generally use about a third of a cup so it has really been lasting me and thank goodness for that. One thing that I do use A LOT of is my leave-in conditioner. That, I spray on heavily. Maybe when I become all natural I will rely more on my regular conditioner (as I will be employing the leaving in of regular conditioner instead of rinsing it out).

I apply conditioner using the relaxer method to my natural hair and then to the length of my hair (on wet hair) when I DC once a week. I killed the regular size Silicon Mix jar in three weeks (would have been four but I let someone else use it). I just got my 36 oz. jar in the mail a few days ago. We'll see how that goes... :grin:

I also have used about a fifth of the large Aussie Moist bottle (with the pump). I use it as a cowash on dry hair once a week. It'll probably last another month or so...I hope...:look:

I use the economy sized Aussie Moist Conditioner ($5) that has a pump. When I detangle, I use about 6 pumps. That's about the size of 4 quarters. I'm transitioning and I have 3 and 1/2 inches of natural hair and about 7 inches of relaxed hair.

Wow you guys use a lot! I have extensions in my hair and I have used GPB for DCing 3 times this month and as a conditioner once or twice and I might just be at the quarter mark or there about, (I got this the first week of July).

My hair is whitish when I apply it and by the time I'm done DCing it's no longer looking white. I have always considered myself very liberal when using products because I need to be sure all my strands are smothered, so it's not like I'm trying to be miserly. Maybe it's because I don't use products so my hair is "open to receive" and a little goes a long way? *shrug*

I can run through a bottle of V05 in about 3-4 washes. I don't really measure or anything b/c I keep adding it on until my hair feels saturated with alot of slip from root to tip. I leave it in for 10-15 minutes, so I don't do second washes or anything.

I go thru a couple of bottles of VO5 Tea Therapy
every couple of weeks.

I use one bottle to co-wash (mixed with BS)
and the other bottle I add oil to (coconut)
to use as a leave-in curl moisturizer.

My hair would be white when I used the VO5 as a leave-in
before I started adding the coconut oil.
The oil helps my hair to be softer when it dries as well.

I am seriously thinking of making my own
and sharing it with MOM and another natural GF.

I also use lots of conditioner ladies...i tend to mix differnt kinds ALWAYS. Like i'll mix eqp dpr11 and lekair cholesterol with honey and oils. Or like the op said ao hsr and gpb with honey and oil. And i still love mixing an avocado, yogurt, honey, and oils.

I go to a salon that specializes in straightening natural hair. They always use ALOT of conditioner. I mean, like enough to need to cup into two hands. And my hair is short.

co washes-not alot..a bottle of white rain can last me a month or more
detangling-alot! i use tressemme 32ounce and i get about 4-5 sessions out of the bottle

wearing my har in plaits when co washing decease the amount of conditioner i use

i use a lot of conditioner omg. when i co wash i could use one-2 handfuls that i squirt into my hair to saturate it, and i leave in a palm full
ive used a vo5 bottle in 2-3 cowashes before as well as suave 3-4 washes

when using conditioner to cowash a normal sized bottle can last 4-6 washes, a deep conditioner (200-250ml) only lasts 2-3 washes...
i use so much conditioner the other night i dreamt that i bought 9 bottles in 1 go.

If it's REALLY thick then I tend to use alot because it doesn't spread as easily. For example, I used 3/4 a jar of NTM Deep Recovery Mask. I apply my pre-poos like a relaxer and make sure to cover every strand so I end up using alot. I use about a fifth of the Lekair each time I use it. If I'm just doing a quick shower condition, I apply in 2-4 sections and use about 4 handfuls to get maximum coverage. But those are with semi-thick condishes like TRESemme or HE Hydralicious. My co-washing conditioners last me quite a while. You ladies are using way too much lol I actually over-indulge on my cheapies because I'm sick of having them and I still have half of tresemme and vo5 left. It's been about 5 washes for the Vo5 and 10 for the TRESemme

Last edited:
Gosh, a bottle of conditioner can last me a little over a month, and I co-wash daily. I use Tresseme anti-breakage or Aussie Moist (i love them both, I get whichever is cheaper). I use a considerable amount, enough to saturate my hair, but it literally lasts about 4-5 weeks. I DC once a week, so those conditioners last for months (really).

If you really want your conditioners to stretch, I suggest adding Honey and SAA to your DCs, and for the cowashes I wouldn't know what to suggest (I add water to mine and shake the bottle real good; I can usually get about two more washes out of it then).

I use about 2 generous handfuls when I cowash. DC on the other hand...totally different story

When co-washing not that much about one palmfull but when dcing I'm extremely heavy handed b/c I like to coat every strand w/ conditioner.

Back