Naturals that Rollerset

Are there any naturals here who rollerset. If so please tell how you achieve your sets and how long they last. Also, have you obtained length while using this technique. :wave::wave::wave::wave::wave::wave::wave:

Yeah I do. I do ponytail rollersets so my roots get straight. I use lottabody setting lotion and smooth each piece I roll with a small tooth comb. It can help with retaining length because you don't have to use direct heat. I have pics, tutorials, products I use in my fotki.

Yeah I do. I do ponytail rollersets so my roots get straight. I use lottabody setting lotion and smooth each piece I roll with a small tooth comb. It can help with retaining length because you don't have to use direct heat. I have pics, tutorials, products I use in my fotki.

thanks pokahontas, you have always been an inspiration to me. i remember lottabody in my perm days and it was great. i may give it a try.

ok, so i'm new the forum and really like this question but could someone explain to me what the "bumps" mean?

I'm excited to try this, except I can't roller set my hair very well.:ohwell: I think I will be doing dry roller sets, though. I will blow dry then roller set. I'm not fully natural yet, so maybe I'll just shut up.:lachen: I will say that my best try was on mesh rollers.

For sure there are naturals who rollerset. It is certainly for this kind of hair that this technique is he most suited. It was widely used in France and Germany during end of 60s and 70s, including on long hair for which they developped larger rollers which are still in use. I was not even borne at that time, but you can guess that it was certainly certainly not preventing hair growth for the simple reason that it was the period during which you had the highest proportion of long hair.
My mother told me that during that period it was pretty common for girls 14 to 20 to spend their saturday out with their hair in rollers, some with nice big heads.
As for me I have grown hair to the waist twice and all along I had at least one rollerste by week
How long will last will depend on your hair and what styl you want to keep. With hair at waist, I currently rollerset twice a week

Back