Naturals that roller set WITHOUT straightening after-what do you do with it?

PhonyBaloney500

I want to try another roller set but WITHOUT straightening afterwards with a flat iron.

Here's a crop of my last attempt...

picture.php

I tried blowing out the roots after and messed it up. I don't really know how to do that apparently (tried a round brush...just made frizz). Then I tried the saran wrap under the dryer thing... :nono:

Any ideas on what to do to stretch the roots out a bit and keep them straight-ish.

I don't rollerset, but your's look good to me!!! Maybe you can try some cute updos with your rollerset.

What happened when you tried the saran wrap? That's the only thing that does it for me if I want it straightish without flat ironing.

It's not long enough that I'll wear it down.
15silkwrapped-vi.jpg

So I'm more likely to do an updo:
19southernteasewpincurl2-vi.jpg

Southern tease with pin curl:
18southernteaseback-vi.jpg

^^OK I think maybe because I tried blowing it out first, I ruined it for the saran wrap. I'll give it another shot! Thanks! :)

Your hair looks great!!

Thank you, PhoneyBaloney! Yeah, I skipped the blow dry of my roots. If I were dead set on wearing it down, I might try flat ironing my roots next time before the silk wrap, but that will be many months yet. Trying to get to BSL so my hair is tucked away til March.

I do silk wraps after. If that dosen't work well for you, you could just do it w/o the saran wrap (a doobie).....not as good results but still pretty good.

Curious as to what happened with your silk wrap?

Bumping. I'm in rollers now and hoping they turn out okay. I mistakenly got the GIANT green rollers and the gray ones from Sally's (buy 2, get one free y'all). Anyway, I have to go back and exchange the 2nd green pack I got. I think they're too large (my hair's long enough to go around, but can only fit like 5 or 6 in.
What size do you use for your hair length? (I'm almost bsl)

Last edited:
Bumping. I'm in rollers now and hoping they turn out okay. I mistakenly got the GIANT green rollers and the gray ones from Sally's (buy 2, get one free y'all). Anyway, I have to go back and exchange the 2nd green pack I got. I think they're too large (my hair's long enough to go around, but can only fit like 5 or 6 in.
What size do you use for your hair length? (I'm almost bsl)

Which rollers did you buy - the magnetic ones? Are they still on sale?

I rollerset my natural hair for the first time back in February and did a silk wrap afterwards. I was surprised how straight this got my 4A, coily hair. I'm sure if I would have wrapped it over the course of days (I ended up tiny twisting my hair), it would get smoother and a lil flatter. I plan to rollerset and silk wrap my hair again in the fall for a length check. Hope to be close to APL!

Bumping again: What size do you use and what's your length? Or if someone can point me in the direction to get a break down on which sizes work best for which length?TIA

Back