Naturals that love to color - (Hair!)

growth2come

I want to colour my hair black but really cannot be asked to do the Henna and Indigo business. I just want a simple process or lumping that stuff on my hair...no 3,4 step process. Are there any naturals that use off the shelf colouring products without any damage? Please share.

I regularly color my grey roots with off the shelf hair color. My hair isn't much different health-wise than it was before I started coloring it.

I don't color the ends, tho' -- I put the color on 75% of the lenght, then protect the ends with EVCO and/or castor oil.

That may be different for you because you may want to color your entire head.

Good luck!

I really want to color my greys but I"m also wary of damage. I did a bit of damage to my hair while it was transitioning, although, looking back on it, I probably should have done a lot more DC'ing and moisturizing.

I color my roots every two weeks. It's absolutely growing thus the need to do root touch ups so often. I seem to be retaining my hair and it's thriving.

growthtocome - I use only garnier fructis color. All the rest irritate my scalp. I usually color every 4-6 weeks now. My hair is in a growth spurt I think from the supplements I take.

Just got done dying my again this morning. I only use box dyes with no damage so far. I usually use Garnier or even Silk Elements. Always follow the process with a nice LONG and moisturizing DC and you'll be totally fine.

Sent by me from my Android phone.Boom

I want to color my hair so bad but I don't know if I can deal with the every two weeks thing and that's exactly how it would end up, as fast as my grey seems to grow! Frustrating!

I love color! I'm only touching up twice a year because I dig the two toned look. My favorite color is L'oreal Preference True Brunettes UL63. It didn't dry my hair out or break it off.

Let me see if I can find a video w/ someone using it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_aE6...xt=C326339bUDOEgsToPDskK6AgoRkI3Wugl5YmeQQnJh

This reminds me.. I need to get a box of color. :lol:

Damn you! AHeadOfCoils Now I gotta buy ths color tomorrow! Can you post your hair pretty please! I wanna see the color on you!

I use Clairol's Textures and Tones in Cherrywood.

w3Bb5F2NGKomRZKc-1_q8D77upnphNHv8ELhL42UUQkoftjJhutrjP-r7ddNj2EXVg3YFeJWrTrxzbLy1RwSi6xpBGpUd7lZesoGo5ODx3aY2z9ZvxJkklclyrwzzuZpXkFc2oyoiCzrHwasU5W38i4

I only do mine every three months, especially so that I don't end up going over the already colored hair. I don't really mind having the dark brown/cherrywood color, though, so your mileage may vary.

Last edited:
ive been natural for almost 3 years and ive been coloring since day one. the day i did my bc i had a color applied by a stylist.
since then ive been doing over the counter color, then henna, then otc color again lol. i just loves browns and reds so i color my ends maybe 2 times a year. i havent had all over color in almost 2 years.

Back